First trip for the year

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by micus, Mar 7, 2009.

1. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Put in at Cuiver Island Fri about 10 am, found shad behind a old barge, fished 25 TW, 34.7 water temp. Caught 3, 5, 8 lb channels, no blues. Pulled out about 5 pm. Great first day out!

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nice way to start the season! Hope the rest of the year just keeps getting better:big_smile:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like you had a good first day out. Beautiful weather to day to be out on the water.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Good to see you had a good first trip out. I hope my first trip turns out that good.

Tom

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Mike that's good way to start and it will only get better.Fish On

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Mike, Sounds like a great first trip. We are trying to send you some warmer water, the Missouri River at KC was about 47 degrees today.

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Thanks for the report Mike, great way to shake off winter... :wink: How deep did you catch those channels? I fished the TW there in the fall and the eagles started gathering early then... any day on the water is great but Friday was nice out.

8. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Thanks, the water was instant numb when you put your hands in it. Air temp was 71, a bit of a contrast. As we drove along we would go through pockets of warmer then colder air.

9. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    We were fishing on the bottom on the Ill side anchored on a hump with deeper water to the side that we cast into. Saw a few eagles and noticed a huge heron rookery that I hadn't noticed before on the island across from Cuiver Island.