First trip and catfish of the year

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mcwrestler, Feb 21, 2007.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The weatherhad turned nice in TN after the first real snow of the year. It had been a hectic few days with the dorms heater trying to burn and the temps dropping, but it warmed up yesterday morning but before I could go it pured down rain. Today it got up to 65 so I was going to go after I finished coaching the middle school wrestlers for their daily practice. As I walked into the school it began to rain and thunder and wind followed. We practiced a little longer so that it would pass and I could fish. When I came out it was nice so I went straight to the pond by the school. I caught some shad and threw them out, after about 30 minutes I baited up the last big rod and casted it out to a spot I had hooked a big blue last year. No sooner had I put th erod down I had a big bite, after a short fight I was holding a 18.8 lb Blue cat, a new PB for myself and also set the bar high for the rest of the year. I love it being 65 this early in the year, it is 60 right now at 7:30. I will probably go out the next few days again.

2. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congrats on your PB. Glad to hear the weather is getting better. Hope it does here soon.

3. mailhiker

mailhiker New Member

State:
    KY
    Way to go. I can't wait to hit the water myself.

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    congrats brad on the new pb wtg

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Congrats on the PB Brad looks like you set your bar high for this year

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I haven't been out in a month and it's driving me nuts. Glad to see somebody catching something. see ya

7. surfchunker

surfchunker New Member

State:
    maryland
    way to go ... first fish is a PB

8. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    mcwrestler, As you said, you have set the bar for this year! Keep it GOING and Great Fishing!

HOPPY4

9. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great story! Congrats on a PB.

I wish our local lakes would get some water. Im starting to get alittle nervous about the fact that I might not be able to put my boat into the lake this year. Ive never had the luck from the bank that I do from a boat. Our weather is finally turning out pretty nice. Mid 50's in the morning, and 65-75 in the afternoon.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats or ur PB.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brad congrats on your PB. That is a great way to start the year out.I hope you keep setting PBs all year long.:cool2: :big_smile:

12. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Congratulations on a nice catch.

13. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, that PB did not stand long, today fishing against the wind with 3 3in. bluegill on the hook I caught a 24lb one that topped yesterdays. Even better, tommorow I only have one class so I will be out again, but I do not expect to duplicate the results. I will have pics eventually when I get the film developed.

14. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Back to back pbs to start the season. Hope its an amazing precursor for the rest of the year. You should make your wrestlers catch bait and run laps mwhile you fish. :roll_eyes:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Brad, congrats on your PB more than once.Hope they keep getting bigger!!!

16. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, hey do run laps before we fish, I just tend to the 14 rods while they go, after they bait up of course.

17. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Congrats. The perfect way to start the year.

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the new personal best. Good luck on the rest of the year, I hope you keep breaking it and setting a new bar as the year progresses.