First time visitor to AL and looking for fishing buddy!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Justinrobinsreo, May 15, 2008.

1. Justinrobinsreo

Justinrobinsreo New Member

State:
    Utah
    Hey everyone my name is Justin Robins. I am flying into Birmingham tomorrow (Friday May 16th) and really would like to do some catfishing or any other fishing while I am there. If anyone is going out over the weekend please let me know! I have never been to Bama, but am excited to fish there! My phone number is: 801-499-0214

Thanks a ton,
    Justin Robins

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry im not familiar with that area, or I would help ya but there is people on here that im sure can help you, I figured id stop by and welcome you to the boc, and check out the boc library where you can find good information and tips.

3. Justinrobinsreo

State:
    Utah
    Well hey I really apreciate it! I am not dead set on Birmingham. I have rented a car and would like to visit majority of Alabama. I am up for driving up too three hours from Birmingham. I am really nervous to head out there. Never really been outside of Utah :eek:oooh:!!!

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    go to north al around florence 2 hours away stright shot

5. Justinrobinsreo

State:
    Utah
    Ok...appreciate the info!

6. Justinrobinsreo

State:
    Utah
    Quick Note:

I will not be checking this or my email from tomorrow morning until Tuesday. Feel free to call my Cell phone though. Thanks again everyone! Excited to come visit!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!:big_smile:

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC Jason. Wish I could help ya out and get the boat out this weekend but I've got plans already for the weekend and not sure whether I'll get fishing or not(my son's Bday and a new floor in the house) Good Luck hope you find a few fish.

9. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    left a message for Justin about fishing below wilson dam, maybe he'll reply and get to go with us.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC, Jason.

11. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    Justin got to meet with us and fish. didn't have a great night but caught a few. Biggest were a 7lb 11 oz blue and an 11 lb 12 oz flathead off a jug. Got on the hybrids first thing this morning and caught several on topwater plugs. Plenty of yellowtails for bait and BIG drum were plentiful as were the gar. everyone have a good week and keep safe.