first time out

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by STALLIONDUCK, Jun 6, 2008.

1. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    first off not to confuse anybody about this but ime posting on my psp over WI-FI at a motel on my way back from fishing last night. well about 9:00 PM yesterday i got a phone call to go flathead fishing on the rock river so i agreed and my dad drove me up there well we fishied from 10 to 4 in the morning well we caught 10 flats and 1 channel cat, unfortunately i didnt have a camera and the camera i have on my phone didnt have flash so i couldnt get any pics but i assure u that they are all back in the river. the biggest fish was 12# flathead. the channel weighed in at 7 pounds for me a very nice channel. all the other flats weighed from 2-6# so needless to say it was a rather good night and we were fishing from the bank. but wut really got me about last night was that we werent using bluegill or green sunfish or bullheads we were using hand-sized crappie! and all of those fish were pulled in on them. lol i think i have a new favorite bait.

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    dude good job and by the way crappie is my favorite bait since last year when I tried them for the first time. Yes the are illegal to use here but I will take my chances, to me they are way superior than using bluegills.
    :wink:

3. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    lol yea they are but the reason i like them is cuz they were extremely lively

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a great night! Welcome to the BOC also!!!:cool2::big_smile: