First time out

Discussion in 'NORTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by CaptainBrad, Apr 23, 2008.

1. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Hit the Red this evening for the first time this year. Thought I might lurk about, catch a few goldeyes for bait and wet a catline or two.

When we got launched I wanted to run the boat for a bit so we took off downstream. A couple minutes into the run I noticed a truck in the river along the bank. I got as close as I could but all I could see was the truck in the mud. I called the Sheriff's office and told them it was there and went fishing.

First time out landed two cats a 30" and 31". Both were caught on cut sucker. The water is still cold and the fish were sluggish but very healthy looking once landed. My prediction is that cat bite is on and will continue to get better over the next couple weeks.

Man did it feel good to catch a kitty!

Attached Files:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Good job Brad. Congrats. Way to go. :smile2:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great way to start the season. Congrats and good luck in the future.

4. LandsCats

LandsCats New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Ya beat me out there Brad. I sent in for my boat tags and wouldn't you know I forgot to add the check so I'm still waiting for the tags. Want to get the boat out this weekend but with snow in the forcast it doesn't sound like a good weekend to get her out and clean it up. Nice pictures.

5. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    nice nice fish great job rick