Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went out this afternoon for the first time this year. The River Raisin was high, but I still managed to catch a small (1 lb -- maybe) channel on cut shad. It felt good to be out there, man this winter has lasted way too long. I ended up on stretch between Monroe and Dundee. The dog had a ball, it was good to see her back in all her glory. Hope you all get out soon.

Andy

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That warm weather can make its presence felt anyday now. I went out today in the same spot and only got a small bite. The wind was blowing quite a bit. Hope you guys do well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Sparky. I was down in Lower Huron Metro Park. Below Belleville. I haven't fished above Portage Lake for cats yet, plan to this summer. In the summer, though, I like to fish from North Territorial down to Barton Dam. Just about every decent clump of wood holds fish. And it doesn't need to be too big to be decent. I've caught fish out of single downed trees. By the way, you floated through some great smallmouth water. Might pick up some pike, walleyes and largemouth as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey, Sparky. These are the accesses I use. I'll use a "w" if it's wade only, a "c" if you can launch a canoe or cartopper. Startind downstream from Portage Lake: The Bell Rd. bridge site off Dexter-Pinkney Rd. (W), Hudson Mills Metro Park off North Territorial (C), Mast Rd. bridge (c) as a drop off point- no parking area - there is a party store on the North side, Dexter Huron Metro Park (C), Zeeb Rd. bridge (w) The sign in the parking lot says no fishhing- however as long as you aren't standing on the shore I don't think they can do anything, Delhi Metro Park (C) This one is on the South shore with access by way of East Delhi Rd. off of Miller Rd. (Delhi Rd. Bridge is closed) - There is a canoe launch there but you can't use it - you can use the portion just upstream or the bigger part below the rapids, the bridge where Huron River drive crosses the river (C), Heading downriver on Huron River Drive past Wagner Rd. to the head of Barton Pond there is a pull off (C), Last is the spot before Maple Rd. where the railroad crosses the river (C) - I've seen people launch trailered boats here, I've also seen them get stuck - also there is a motor limitation on Barton Pond. Because of the bridge replacement/dam removal in Dexter access is closed to Mill Creek. I hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.