First time out.....

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Cathooker, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    OK my friends it is time for me to make my first trip of the year to the woods with weapon in hand. Several weeks ago we went out for the purpose of setting up ladders, cleaning out box blinds , and trimming shooting lanes. NOW it is time to lay em down....We are heading up to our property in Ky. near Henderson for the early muzzle loader hunt. I hope to have a good report for ya when I get back on Monday.

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Good luck. Look forward to hearing some deer stories. To bad you don't have monday also. Cold front coming through sunday evening.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck to you. Keep yer powder dry!!

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    good luck to ya bro. they got some real bruisers in that part of the world.

5. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm also headed out for the first time this weekend. I'm going to hunt Sun. Mon. and Tuesday morning. Good luck to all!

6. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I'm home now.....here's the report....no deer killed by me or my friend. He saw four does and had no shot. As for myself I saw 6 does, three skunks, three coons, two red fox squirrels and two grey squirrels. The does all came across a cut cornfield at mach 3 and gave me no chance for a shot. It was really warm and WINDY!!! The buck sign around the edge of the swamp looks very encouraging for the rifle hunt in November.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Best of luck to you!!