First time out this summer. Finally!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by ac30treb, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ac30treb

ac30treb New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We fish a little south of the city (on the Mississippi) and the river is finally low enough to get out on it.

We had a reasonably successful night, considering only being on the water for 3 hours.

The highlight was catching a fish worthy of using as an avatar. I brought a camera specifically for this! Hopefully, I'll get posted.

Bait was plentiful, but we were having most of our success using herring. (which wasn't plentiful) No luck on shad. Some good hits on asian carp but couldn't get them in. Also good hits on tiny carp.

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Welcome aboard Gabe.......It sounds like you had a good night of fishing. Cant wait to see the pics

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Sounds like you had a fun night! Welcome to the BOC Gabe! It is a great place to meet alot of great fisherman and make some great friends. I know I have anyway!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Gabe. Sounds good for a first trip. Waiting for the pics.

5. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Nice fish! Welcome to the BOC

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Welcome to the BOC Gabe!

7. ac30treb

ac30treb New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the welcome. I've been checking out the site almost daily for the entire summer. You guys have a really good thing going here.

I actually only got one picture. I'm using it as my avatar.

I started fishing for cats two summers ago. The fish in the avatar is my personal best.

8. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the fish and welcome to the BOC.

9. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Nice fish.Welcome aboard.

10. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey dont worry bout the pict- or the avitar also, we'll see that you get a new one as soon as possible, just a matter of time

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Jer, when are you gonna get one of those new avatars with a fish in it that everyone keeps talking about?:smile2:

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

Now that right there was down right hilarious!!!!!! Completely just OFF THE WALL!!! Like that would ever happen. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: My side hurts!

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Welcome to the BOC.. Don't turn your back on some of these guys.. It won't take you long to figure out which ones... hehehe... This place gets habit forming real quick and theres no known cure for it..

14. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Nice fish welcome to the BOC!!!:smile2: Beware of the name change game:eek:oooh::wink: