FIRST TIME OUT IN NEW BOAT

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Sep 3, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well, I finally made it out on the water in my new boat!! First stop: Paint Creek lake. The primary purpose of this trip was for the wife and I to get used to the boat prior to this weekends fishing trip to the Ohio River. I must say that the BOAT IS EXCELLENT!! For all those who did not know, my wife recently bought me a 17' Starcraft Superfisherman boat while I was deployed to Iraq. I was amazed that EVERYTHING actually works on the boat. This is a first for me!!! Comes equiped with front/rear electric anchors, front/rear fish finders, 3 livewells, and drift master rod holders. I have very little work to do, to get this thing ready for fishing!

Now back to the fishing trip. Put my faith in the Skipjack that was in the freezer, but it is going bad and was very hard to keep on the hook. I caught a few fresh shad in my net and was finally able to catch 1, 2 pound channel cat while drifting in just 5 feet of water!!! I spent the entire morning drifting the old creek channel trying to fish depth and structure and couldn't get a bite. So.................we moved to an area that provided some relief from the sun and finally got 2 good runs prior to catching my 1 fish.

All things considered not a bad day on the water. I identified everything I need to do to get ready for the big event and we are now ready to hit the river!!

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Good to hear everything works!
    Glad you were also able to at least catch a good ol USA cat.

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Congrats brother!!!

4. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Good to hear.
    I have a question?
    After hearing what your wife got you.............................
    Think she'd want to adolpt an "older"son?
    LOL
    Good luck in the future for ya.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Shane,
    Glad you made it home for some much needed R&R hope all is well on the home front enjoy this trip to it's fullest and hope you do well on the river and glad you cought a fish and hope your wife did

God bless you and yours

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    YAY!!!! so glad to hear that you got to get out in the boat! Hope you are having a great time at home, (like it would be possible that you WOULDN'T) Catch some fish and have a good meal of it would ya!:big_smile:

7. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Sounds like your first trip was a good'un. Congrats on the boat.

8. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Sounds like you had fun getting out there on the water. Congrats on catch. Now go to the river and tear them up.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good to cya Bro. Glad ya made it home safe and the initial trip with your new ride was good. Sounds like your havin a good time and i hope the rest of your time home is even better.

10. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Glad ya got the boat!!!!:tounge_out: enjoy............thanks for all you do for us here too!!!!:big_smile: Catch a monster on saturday!!:tounge_out:

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on getting the new boat :cool2:. Thanks for your service to this country.

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on the new boat. Have Fun!!

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's great Shane, sounds like you had a good day...wish you many more like it....:big_smile:

14. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Congradulations Shane. Glad everything works and that you had an enjoyable first outing.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hey Shane, great to hear the new boat performed well and you got the first fish onboard also! :cool2:

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great Shane enjoy your time off. thankx for what you do.
    smokey

17. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Congrats on the new boat.
    Thank you for serving our country and coming home to use the new boat:smile2: Good to know you're home:big_smile:

18. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Have you initiated that boat with a well-placed scrape yet? :eek:oooh: I hate it when that happens!

Congratulations on a great day on the water!

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shane congrats on a successful maiden voyage. You will love that rig more every trip.

20. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Congratulations :)