First time out for me this year.

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Flamekeeper, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Dave(SKIPJACK) and myself hit the Ohio this morning, put in at the mouth of Ky river and boy the river was rolling and high, timber was coming out of the Ky as if someone was running a logging outfit upstream LMHO. really it was moving. We went up into it and found a small creek and Dave threw that cast net for quite awhile before he caught 10-15 ,,6-7" Shad. We headed back out and set-up downstream of 2 inside bends,current was moving fast, and it wasn't long our poles were bending over by the weight of the debris gathering on out lines.

So we decided to hit the Ohio, Set up in 3 different spots,( about a hr or so in each area) and still no fish until the very last pole while I was reeling in as we were getting ready to leave, I felt something thump my line , I jerked real hard and it felt as if I had nothing on so as I was cranking it up, OUT POPPED a 1LB channel, hooked through the side..LMHO... At lease we didn't get skunked..

There is nothing better than the first catfish of the year, no matter how small it is.lol

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    1 foul hooked fiddler beats sittin at the house. Glad ya got out of the house and enjoyed yourself.

3. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good job man!! Hey, it might have been a small one, but it had fins didn't it? lol... I wanted to go pretty bad myself while it was nice out, but ended up spending the day working on my boat (it's just about ready to go).

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    At least U got to get out for a bit.And you didn't even get skunked.Nothing better than that.

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    one good thing about starting off small they gota start getting bigger lol

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    It was a beautiful day to be out yesterday. Glad you got a bit of slime on ya Kenny, beats a skunked feeling any day.. Like Dallas said they can only get bigger when ya start small.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Well least you got to get out Kenny, maybe next time bite will be on. Hey that first fish of 2010 would make a heck of an avitar pic though LOL