First time out all year...what a fish!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dgde4x4man, Jul 14, 2008.

1. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I have not had a chance to get out to do any fishing since last June. So while the wife and I had a little R&R in Mexico, first time without kids in nine years, I did me a little fishing. No catfish but still a keeper!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice sail,Chris. I love the way they fight and jump.

3. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Believe it or not, not one jump from her. It was like bringing up a 100lbs plus log!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Fine job. I stay outa the ocean. Too big of a chummer. LOL! Congrats on a dam nice fish. Got some memorys from that bad boy. LOL!

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That's a nice fish, congrats on the sail, now go get some cats!!!

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice fish Chris. Have a hard time relating to that kind of fishing. I am from the Midwest like you and am used to catching Bluegill and Crappie. Hard for me to imagine what that is like.

However, got a question for ya. Not taking anything away from your fish here. Those gloves the fellas have on. They seem very similar, though much better quality, to gloves I used to wear laying brick or handling rock. they look like something to have handy anywhere. Were they the boat boys or did you take them with you from the states?

7. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    They took care of the fish. They brought her up and held on to it while we could get a quick pic before she went back in. Caught her in 400 feet of dark blue water, it was amazing.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    chris glad to see you turned it loose.i caught one back in the 70s and decided to have it mounted so my uncle hit it with a club to subdue it.all thoes pretty colors just went grey it al most made me sick.congrats on a good fish and just think of the storys you got to tell now.

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    good lookin catch . bet you were really havein a blast reelin that one in !
    congrats .:cool2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    awesome catch. had any thoughts of a replica being made?? im doing a channel cat for my shop soon. bet that was awesome.
    +
    you can have a trophy without killing now a days. all done with figerglass and paint.

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Chris, those are great pictures! I'll bet it was a blast to catch.:006: Thanks for letting us enjoy it, too!!

12. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Darn! Is that a bass? Funny looking bass, looks like it was deformed from birth Chris! Make sure you let us all know where you caught that bass, I don't even want to get near that place! Must be near a Nuke plant with a leak! LOL And your boat sure looks a lot different than the last time I saw it! LOL Looks like you're movin up in the world Chris! :cool2::smile2: