First time I've been proud of myself.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by fcrnnngbck25, Jul 15, 2007.

1. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I went out to the river and it's so low i could actually walk out onto a sandbar in the middle of it. I had three poles out all with a different bait and different presentation. I had fresh shad on my baitcaster with a sinker on bottom and the hook on a sliding swivle, my bigger open-faced reel with a big chunk of liver sitting on the bottom and my other rod with stink bait to just to see how it'd do. I sat down not even 15 minutes my chicken liver takes off and its a nice eatin size channel. Then the stink bait took off and its another 2-3 lb channel.
    So i'm pretty excited cause i've been getting skunk really bad in the major river this year. After getting a few more bites i hear a whistle and some guys motor broke down so me and some other guys got another boat to help him out then i heard my baitclicker so i ran back and set the hook on a nice 18 lb blue that i took a picture on my cell phone and quickly CPRed so it could be caught again. I ended up catchin a few more smallers ones which i kept to filet and cook up.
    As I was packin up my stuff and getting the fire put out I heard a slow click click. So i lifted my head up to see my pole slowly bending down then start to scream pretty good. So I rushed over there like a chicken with its head cut off tripping a bit on the rocks. Grabbing my rod just in time i knew i had me a nice fish. I fought it for about 20 minutes with two really close encounters as it nearly hung me up in a brush pile. It ended up being close to 35 lbs. I took a few pics on my phone and waded out with it so it could swim off and live. I actually proud of myself to be honest. I just turned 17 this past may and really been busting my butt for the past two years to really get good at catfishing and it's finally paid off :smile2:. Instead of catching one or two nice fish I caught several in one night.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to go Paul,That's the thing to do,keep the eater size catfsh and take a pictue of the Big boys and turn um back to reproduce and Fight another Day.Reps to You My Friend. J.D.
    :big_smile_2::big_smile_2::0a18::0a24::0a27:

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Way to go Paul. Keep at it and do the best everytime you do something. One day you will be the best.

Cheez

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm proud of you too son, but be careful out on the sandbars. You never know when the water will rise! I like the way you tried different rigs. I tie each pole different, some nights it makes all of the difference in the world and I change to what is working best for that particular spot.:big_smile:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Outstandin! A lesson learned that effort will pay off. I am truely happy for ya.

6. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    Congrats on a nice catch!

7. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    congrats on a great fishin trip.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Paul,
    Congratulations on a good night of fishing,and helping out your fellow man. For a young man that just turned 17 in May,you certainly sound like a young man that has his head on straight. Keep doing what you're doing,and you will be successful not only in fishing,but in life in general!
    Good Luck to you in whatever you do.
    Glenn

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I totally agree with Glenn. Your hard work and good attitude is paying off.:0a27::0a27::0a18::big_smile_2:

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You have apparently done your homework and are well on your way to being a very successful fisherman. I am very proud of the fact that you released the Big Boys to fight again. You are welcome to fish with me anytime Brother!!!

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    OOOOPS!!! I hit the submit button too soon, LOL!!!
    Most 17 year olds would not have help that man in trouble as you and your friends did, That is another hook in your fish'n hat in my book!!!! I hope your kindness is returned to you 10 fold Lil'Brother!!!!!

12. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Paul
    You earned and deserve your good luck, as you can see from the posts your family here is also proud of you. Luck

13. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Thanks for all the encouraging compliments. It means alot to know all great things that have been said. I did take a little criticism from a friend. He couldn't understand why'd let them go but I told him if it weren't for people like me then people like him wouldn't have an opportunity to catch a big fish. I think I changed his perspective on keeping bigger fish. Now all I need is a boat and after football I'll be busting my butt for one of them. Then maybe my odds will increase tenfold :smile2:

14. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    ...And you have every right to be proud of yourself. You have had one of life's most valuable lessons illustrated for you...perserverence will eventually be rewarded. Congrats

Jon

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on an awesome catch and great job on releasing the big boy to fight another day.