First time fishing at Warsaw!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by joer, Jan 17, 2010.

1. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Caught a few fish...nothing to brag about, but an awesome place! I got to meet the Ozman at the ramp and gave us some tips....thanks!

I will definitely be back!! What an awesome stretch of water..do recommend this place to anyone! Caught all the fish down from the Oar House. I fished shad sides, cut bait and heads and the only thing I caught fish on was shad guts.

I think I saw catfishscotty, john jameson and duckalot! Hope you guys did good.

Please post if you guys were there.

2. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    i agree. awesome place with lots of good fishing!

3. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Joe what are you thinking you are supposed to say there is no fish down there!!!! Givin away my fishing spot lol. I love fishing down there plenty of room and a lot of diverse areas, flats drop offs, ledges. Never know where they are goin to be. Congrats on the good day Joe. Ill join ya sometime.

4. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Oh yes...Mike there are no fish here!! Please fish elsewhere! :shame::shame:

The water is challenging for sure! But I do see some potential for some big cats in this area! I don't keep anything over 10lbs so they will be there to fight again!

Don't worry I am new to this so a big cat in my boat might be a while....maybe soon!

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Joe I agree it is a great place to fish. It is challenging for sure. I cant wait to get back down there. Glad to see you had a good day.

Tom

6. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Think I saw you guys out on Saturday, Sunday, and today. I was in a white mud covered boat with a Mercury. Was gonna stop and say hi but wasn't 100% if it was you guys or not. Glad you liked fishing down there, wait until April! Chris

7. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Chris did you see a camo SeaArk with a rod rack? That was me! I was kinda lost not knowing the area.:bulgy-eyes:
    It was a fun day caught a few fish and almost ran a ground heading back and turning into a cove that was hidden from me previous in the fog!

8. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I idled by you guys yesterday when you were anchored near that dock just upstream of the Oar House, the one that extends way out from the bank. Also saw you guys a few other places. My boat is usually pretty clean but I'm not going to wear myself out trying to keep white paint clean in the nasty conditions. Chris