First time bowfishing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by field989, Jun 25, 2007.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    well i finally bought me a bowfishing kit and got er out today.... i was shooting for bluegills.... i got 2 of em... each one i just clipped... one on the head and idk about the other one it just died.... but i need to keep remembering to shoot about 6 inches below the fish

just figurd id share this with yalll..... i had a blast on my first time out : )

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    If you can hit dink brim, you will play heck on big game, (carp and gars). I ahven't bow fished in 35 years. You got me excited. Next time I go to the Chesapeake Bay, I'm taking the bow in the boat. Watch out nasty oyster eating southern cownose rays. I'm going to stick you!

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    so the way it sounds.... shooting carp are easy as cake????????

ive never shot em b4 but im gonna here soon....

GOOD luck to u

4. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    first you may want to check your state laws, because in most states your only allowed to shoot carp Buffalo and gar. I bowfish all the time in a river near my house and love it. The carp arent to hard to hit but I miss em more than i hit them..........good luck

5. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Big fish would have to be easier. I have tried bow fishing once & hit two gars with two shots.
    It is a blast! highly recommended!

6. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the addition!! Now you need a boat with lights and you won't ever take a pole out again.IF THE FISH AIN"T BITTIN-----FORCE FEED THEM!!!!!