First time bait cast on CJ Brown

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ellis, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    I just got back from CJ brown with dad with my new ABU 6000 and 7 1/2ft ugly stik with chicken liver. We were at the part of the lake that had a point sticking out by the dam( sorta by visitor center) It was fun dealing with backlash:tounge_out: took me 30mins to undo one of them. But I set my pole out the first time great, no problems. Then I had to go to the bathroom and i came back to my dad yelling hurry up you got one. I ran and pulled it in thinking for sure it was atleast 15# (first fish on my bait cast so it was quite heavy) and it was a 5# catfish. 3 hours later I went over by the dam more and threw my line out. I got a bite 2 minutes no less later and it was huge, took me a couple minutes to pull it in. Turned out to look like a 20-35# blue but.... it jumped right off the hook as I was pulling it up. Hopefully next time ill have better luck:big_smile: .
    Also anyone wanna tell me better spots to fish at there and what to use?

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Did you practice your baitcaster in the back yard? I did, and got good at casting into the neighbors yard. when I got water in front of me, then it was like I had never used one before. Nothing like a big ol' birdsnest on the first cast of the day...:crazy:

3. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    I actually did try that..... Too many trees in my yard:tounge_out: I might just go down to the park and try