First squash out of the garden.

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by boswifedeb, Jun 28, 2009.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Tonight for dinner we had the first of the squash from the garden, and I also cooked up a mess of turnip greens that I picked today. Gonna put those in the freezer. The tomatoes are doing great, about 3 feet tall and loaded with maters. Can't wait to bite into one.:roll_eyes: The beans are coming right along and are about ready to bloom. The cukes are doing good and are loaded with blooms. I'm thinking about making some pickles this year. Won't be too long until the okra is ready. Can't wait!!

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    UH!

Deb you were doing good there until you got to the Okra. Deb, just what do you do with the Okra? Is that Southern Ex-Lax? Or something you slime up the bearings of the lawn mower with?

Give BO! some Southern Okra (aka Ex-lax) so he can get his legal 10 posts in so I can rep him.

Okra. Gods penance for Northern Folk.

3. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Sir John, I plan on freezing the most of that wonderful vegetable, okra, for use in my world famous:)wink:) gumbo. It's also wonderful fried and sitting next to a big ole plate of catfish along with some cole slaw. Don't feel bad for needing to have this explained to you - I understand that you're underpriviledged and that your education is somewhat lacking in some areas because you were raised in the north. But it's not too late! It can be corrected with a simple solution - move down South. We will take you by the hand and teach you the correct things to eat and how to cook them.

Let me know if you want me to call a moving company for you!

4. cowboybo

cowboybo Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    hey P.B. man you aint lived till you have had a mess of cat's and a wodd of okra!! GOOD STUFF !!!!!!

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like pickled okra but Deb is right goes great in Gumbo..My wife just made a pot of seafood gumbo w/okra that was absolutely delicious..