First Snow This Morning!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Nov 23, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We had our first little bit of snow this morning. It was just 70* a couple days ago and we got about a half inch of the white stuff this morning. I love the snow but hate the dang cold weather!!!:smile2:

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Yes crazy! They didnt get the trout John but as soon as they do hes gonna call me and we are there!!!:wink:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    So get out there and clean the steps and the path. LOL!

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO! It only stuck on the ground and roofs. Nothing on the roads or steps. Still too warm. Its only 37* here now. I hate this!

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That sucks! I was ready and pumped to go fishing tomorrow...Now what will I do???:smile2:

6. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    we got hit by a storm early this morn'n ,everything completely white noth'n major just afew inches . :smile2::smile2::smile2: now it's time to bust some wabbits ,coyotes, etc .

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good dawd John boy,
    You sound like your really happy . Are you on dope? Snow sucks. JYHO .
    Well i guess you would have wo wake up and have snow over your windows to know what snow is. smokey

8. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Don't let a few flakes stop you John. Take that as a sign to celebrate the next season coming up; spring. Go fishing and enjoy the fresh air.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Got ours also thismorning,woke up to about an inch at 4 AM and by 9 there was about 4 " then it quit . But as we were leaving the field after hunting it has started again,allready another 1" or so ,good deer huntin tomorrow .

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Dope??? I'll plead the fifth unless you mean all the dope the Dr's have me on...:smile2:
    I've seen snow here(back in '93-'94) that was about 2'+ and drifts 6'-8'+. It was a heck of a blizzard. Snowed heavy for over 24 hours straight. Usually not too bad here. A few storms witn a few minor snows a year is about it.
    I do like the snow,its just the dang cold weather that kills my body. Maybe I need more dope???:confused2::wink::smile2:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    We got a dusting of snow today here in western Pa. I fished for 3 hours this afternoon and it snowed the whole time!

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Weave only had about one inch of snow so far, but its been in the teens almost every night. A lot of the smaller ponds are iced over. My ole body is telling me its gunna be a long cold winter!!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I went to a local High School Play off game last night. Which we lost 20-17. It was flurrying on and off,upper 20's and a slight breeze. I froze my toes off! Its a balmy 36* here right now. This old body can't handle too much of this...

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have many reasons I dont like snow.

1. I remember back in 68 we had snow on the 4th of july.

2. Having to have my birthday cook out in 3 ft of snow. B,day is in may

3. Getting 57 inches of snow in 48 hrs

4. getting cought skipping school and my mother making me shovel off my backyard the three days I was kicked out of school.

5.Having to shovel snow off the roof so it wouldnt cave in on us.

6. being cought skiing behind cars,by the cops.And having to tell the whole school why that isnt the thing to do.

It wasnt all bad thou. We had some good times too.

1.Having a snowball fight on the 4th of july.

2.Having a cookout when its 75 degrees in three ft. of snow.

3.being freaked out to get almost 5ft of snow in two days

4, making a skating ring out of my backyard, and all of my friends comming over to skate.

5. jumping off the roof into the snow bank.

6. Just cracking up when I couldnt think of a reason car skiing wasnt the thing to do.LOL that cost me three more days off from school.

Just goes to show you if they give you lemons. Make gin gimlets. smokey

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post Smokey. We usually don't get much but every 7-10 years we get a doozy or 3.
    Thanks for your comments and posts also!!!:wink::big_smile:

16. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    right nowwere at about 25D- clear sky no wind lil brezze here'n there tonite be about 10 D- .like y'all we don't get hit that hard , but every few'yr's we get dumped on . the high country gets hit pretty hard ,i took a ride yesterday went out in the country there was probably 4 inches more that in town.going out this evening see if i get some pic of muleys (deer)