First Sioux City Flathead catfish of season

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by dannybcc, May 31, 2006.

1. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hey Guys
    The flathead fishing finally came alive for me memorial day weekend. Wife and I were skunked on flats the first two weekends out. We finally landed a 9 lb flat on sunday night. Not very big but was sure nice to hear a screamin clicker again. Dam I love that sound. We have been getting a few channels but no flats until this one. Biggins will follow.
    Good luck and tight lines,
    Danny J and Net Woman

2. shield64k

shield64k New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If your lookin for another guy to fish with I am from Sioux City.

-Bill

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Nice cat Danny, I need to get my lazy brother in law off his bottom and get out fishing here in Iowa. Been catching a lot of crappie but that has slowed so now it's time to concentrate on cats here around Sioux City. Keep us posted on your success.

4. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Danny, Way to go!! If you ever get down here, toward Harlan, and wanna try it, let me know!! Stan

5. schatz15

schatz15 New Member

State:
    indianola iowa
    way to ge danny so go get some more good luck out there:cool2:

6. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Thanks Guys,
    I have had the same fishin partner now for 35 years shield64k. Cant seem to shake her. Nice to hear from ya Bill. Better prod that brother in law. Wife and I will be going out again saturday nite for flats. Will give a updated report when we get back. We will be on the Missourri and fish out of a boat named "Sotally Tober" so give us a shout if u see us.
    Tight Lines
    Danny J

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to go Danny!! I fish down River about 50 Mi. and haven't put a Flat in the boat yet either but it's nice to know they are starting, Here Kitty,Kitty Kitty! Bigcatman0816.:cool2:

8. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Brother in law has some female problems... let me rephrase that, his wife won't always let him go fishing. So, we are at the mercy of her whims and I guess I'm OK with that, I'm just lucky to have a wife that understands I have to go fishing and hunting. I'm going Saturday night with or without him so he best get control over the situation. Right, like any of us have control over that. lol Look forward to your update Danny.

9. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice fish Danny. Glad to hear the Flathead bite has come on. Best of luck with your trip on the Sotally Tober.

10. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hey guys,
    Fishing was slow last Saturday nite. We only got one flat. A small one at 4.5 lbs. We had two other cabin cruisers on a sandbar with us so just before dark I grilled a flathead from the week before and we sat around a bonfire. I cooked, the younger guys cut the fire wood and the wives sat around the fire and chatted. Rained during the nite but we could see the lightning coming around 11PM so we put the tops up. Even though the fishing was slow we had a great nite on the Missourri River. Good fish, good friends and the beer wasnt to bad either.
    Tight Lines
    Danny J

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the first flattie of the year, good luck on the water.