First shave in 15 years.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Tyme2fish, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi

Attached Files:

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lookin good! Took 15 years off ya!:wink:

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yes, Virginia, there WAS a Santa Claus.....:0a28:

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    All I got to say is: WHY? WHY? WHY? :smile2: :eek:oooh: :smile2:

5. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi

Too darn hot this summer. I'll start again in the early fall.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Wow, after 15 years I bet alot of people don't recognize you at first when they see you??

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

So the last 14 summers weren't this hot? We expect to see beard progress pics in the fall, some of us women like 'em. :wink:

8. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    I kept my beard at a Professional length. I retired from being a Pharmacist in late January. On February 29th a friend of mine got married and that was the last time I trimmed it.

I've only seen 3 people, wife, older son, and a friend since I shaved. I might be able to pull a trick on my neighbor and introduce myself as my twin brother. I have no brother!

When my wife saw me, she wanted to touch my face. She was giggleing and as nervous as a new bride touching, well let's leave that to the adults.:wink:

My avatar shows my regular length of my beard. Click on my profile for the standard length.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Who the He1# is the guy in the 2nd pic?:eek:oooh::wink: Looks good, took alot of time of ya man

10. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Here's the complete story. I went to the bathroom and got out my clippers and put the No 4 attachment on them. I started trimming and didn't like the way it looked. So I kept on going. I then took a shower to soften the stubble after I had shaved with clippers.

NO SHAVE CREAM: The wife had used it. So my first shave in 15 years was just with hand soap. Today I went to the store and bought some Barbasol and told the wife, this is not for legs or underarms,etc. This is a man's shaving cream to be used ONLY for shaving a man's face. We've been married for 29 years so she knows when I'm partially joking.

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    AHHHH!!! dont worry Rob It will grow back!:wink:
    smokey

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah, and where's YOURS Mr.Joe? I seem to recall an avatar when you had one.

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ticks I tell you, It was the bloody ticks!!
    smokey

14. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Had mine 27 years now. Not a fashion thing, I just hate to shave.

Practical too, 3 minutes trimming once every two weeks and a little shampoo in the shower and I am good to go. Grew it down to my belly button for a couple years but that was too much hassle, not to mention it limited my choice of employments.

15. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    WOW!!!!! What a change!! I am a hairdresser, so I see this happening a-lot during the summer months...dont see them again till next summer..LOL... I have fun doing it, its almost like a suprize to see whats under all that hair!!!!!! You look great!!!

16. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Danzig: With a beard to the waist, all you needed was one of them thar pointy felt hats and ya would fer shore be a hillbilly from West Virgina. Oops, excuse me,Appalachian American:roll_eyes:
    I'm originally from Virginia so I can tell hill billy jokes and not get in trouble

17. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I had a hard time getting rid of mine, but now just a little hair above the lips

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wow. trick my face,lol. new relality show.:smile2:

19. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    would like to see that:cool2:

20. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am going to have to say, go beardless. It looks great on you...........of course I have no idea how people have beards. More than 2 days without shaving and I am going crazy!