First Scheduled Oklahoma Mini Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, Apr 1, 2009.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    In order to provide advance warning for any brother who wants to join me, and hopefully other B.O.C. brothers for a weekend of fishing, I have scheduled a weekend at Washunga Bay, located on Kaw Lake, Oklahoma. Kay Lake is in North Central Oklahoma, just a few miles south of the Kansas line and 8 miles east of Ponca City. It is easily accessible from OKC, Tulsa and points in between.

I scheduled my trip for May 8, 9 and 10. I placed my reservation through the government camping agency... their phone is 1 - 877 - 444 - 6777. The fee is 16.00 per night for an area with electrical and water hookup. I plan on just pitching a tent and bringing my boat. If you have a golden age pass, or other governmental passes, the fee is 8.00 per night. I will be on site 60. It looks like there are about 12 additional sites available for that weekend. So, if it will fit your schedule, I'd be happy to see you there.

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sir, sorry to say I have already made plans for grand lake the 9th thru the 13th. But please keep me posted on other one's you guys plan on having. It would be a honor to come down to some and shoot the chit with you and try some of them okie waters I have not got to fish. Hope to catch the next one. thx

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    just bringing it out of the closet. LOL Otherwise it will go to archieve and I don't know how to retrieve them. Rotflmao

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I will do my best to be there. Fishin below the dam is HOT in May, and I want to get in on the action.
    Lookin forward to meetin everyone.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    anlther retrevial before it gets lost in the closet. LOL Guess it is a month from today.

6. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    AWSHUCKS- I might even try to make it up to Washunga while you are there. I be a itchin to be a lippin. Gotta new bait for kitties to experiment with too.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think if there had been but one more post, this thing would have gone to archieve's and I'd be out of luck. LOL

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Im still hopin to make it down.
    Hopefully we get some rain before then so they will let out some water.:smile2:

9. posifour11

posifour11 New Member

State:
    OK
    i can't make this one. uncle sam is sending me to ft. lewis, the 7th.

hopefully, i'll catch the next one.

10. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    AWSHUCKS - I might try to make it for at least 1 day. If I do I will bring my jugs and see how many we can put in the boat. I may head up to KAW within the next week and check out some hotspots.

11. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Looks like I gonna try to make it.

12. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    So whats it like below the damn at kaw never been there. Is it anything like ft gibson?
    I just dont wanna go to a place thats hard to climb out of like kerr my knees are to bad to be doing that.

Foggy 8)

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have no idea what Gibson is like. The spillway at Kaw has a ramp and two sidewalks to get you to the water on the West Side. Decent parking lot for West or East side. There is a boat ramp on the East side which puts you right on the water, but your probably 500 to 600 yards from the spillway.

Welcome to the board. It is very easy to become a fixture on this thing, but it sure is educational. LOL

14. crossxsticks

crossxsticks Member

State:
    oklahoma
    ah Shucks wish had saw this earlier, week ago sounds like fun , maybe i can make the next one ever fish eufala lake , arrow head park got good camp area

15. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Well i was gonna try to make it but i got informed tonight that i have to take the kiddo to a birthday party in Muskogee on the 9th.

Foggy :roll_eyes:

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Whatever you do, spend time with the family. Once lost it can never be regained.

I will be posting soon for a June mini-gathering. Probably in late June so as to not interfere with the Kansas gathering.

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just throwing out a reminder that it is next Fri, Sat and Sunday at Washunga Bay, Kaw Lake. I'm on site 60.

18. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    Hope the ramps are open. I was there last Tuesday and the level was coming up fast.

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My friend and I have tried to fish Kaw for the last three years. Every year the water came up and the campgrounds were all closed. Seems like it may be in that pattern again. We will call the campground on Thursday for a status check. LOL

20. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    Let us know if you are going to try it. I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Shad have been hard to come by and the bite was really slow but thats fishing.