First River Trip Complete

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by moriver, Apr 23, 2007.

1. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The first trip of the year is complete.:big_smile: A old friend and I put on around Missouri City Friday and stayed on the pontoon until the next morning. The hole I wanted was just to windy so we found a spot with no wind and parked it. Cold drinks and the grill served us well for dinner. I missed 1 big hit, and it did get my Asian Carp chunk bait. Other than that we caught a couple small cats, 1 Sturgon, 1 Common Carp, and a bunch of Drum. A good time over all. I did have 1 problem. My fishing partner had a bag of Asian Carp that he had frozen and put it in the cooler for backup. (did I say I hate frozen bait). I pulled it out of the cooler and did not realize I had it on the side of the bag and all the "juice" jumped out of that bag and went all over my sock and right tennis shoe. Lucky I had a spare pair of socks and shoes............:roll_eyes:

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Sounds like a great rip sans the whole sock thing. Don't see many sturgeon caught around here. haven't caught any cats over 5lb yet this year,but, it is still early up here.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO