First real trip out this year (ky Lake)

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CatSkinner, May 14, 2009.

1. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Going out for the first real fishing trip this spring. Just been too busy/sick and everything else the last few months. Anyway, I'm heading out Sunday afternoon and plan on fishing through the night. Not sure if I'll hit the lake side yet or below the dam.

Supposed to be a chilly night Sunday (down to 45), but no rain :big_smile:. Anyway, I might hit the canal between the lakes, or perhaps the rocks up by the marina, or around the dam (lake side). any advice? good spots? Reports? Like I mentioned, this is the first real trip I've made this year. Hope to land a few good ones.

2. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    The channels should really be on the rip rap getting ready to spawn.May 15 to june 1st has always seemed to be the peak time for catching them on the rocks.I like to use leeches and small slip floats during this time.:wink:

3. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Thanks, a stringer full of channels would be nice indeed.:big_smile:

Never used leeches before, but might see if I can pick some up Saturday afternoon, or sunday somewhere as I get everything ready.