First real session of the year, real results on the grits pack!

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, May 2, 2009.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Today I was able to wet a line for the first time in a while, since I am finishing up my course work and graduating on May 17. I have spent the last semester writing my senior thesis, other papers, presentations and comprehensive exams. But today I was able to dedicate 6 hours to fishing before work.

When I woke up it looked like rain but I was hoping it would blow over so I went to my car, already packed and swung by the grocery store to pick up some grits to make some pack bait. About ten minutes away from my final destination and the rain starts.

Not to be deterred, I set up my rod and pod, and began to prepare the grits in the downpour. I was not going to let some rain stop my fishing. My fishing partner soon arrived and we got set up. During the rain there was not much. As soon as it eased off I hooked into the first fish of the day. A 13lb buffalo caught on Juicy Tutti Fruity grits pack paired with the same flavor corn. Next my partner, Charlie, would hook into the first car p of the day. I had devised my strategy ahead of time. On rod for numbers, one rod for size. On the rod for numbers I used the flavored corn and grits pack with a little foam from practice golf balls shaped to balance the bait underwater (I will make a descriptive thread with pictures as soon as I get another camera, mine has escaped somehow). On the rod for bigger fish I was also using grits pack, but on the hair rig I was fishing a snowman rig (One normal boilie first on the hair, topped with a pop up boilie, which is a boilie meant to float), it is called a snowman rig because that is what it resembles. But enough of the back story, it is time to see the results.

I had numerous small carp, I weighed nothing that appeared under 10lbs and only photographed 2 carp, which were the 2 biggest and came on the rod rigged to weed out the smaller fish. The first was 34 inches long, weighing just over 20lbs. The second fish pictured weighed about 15 1/2 lbs. Fish 1 came to the JTF flavor, the second fish, along with the majority of the smaller fish came to the butterscotch flavor, all involved grits pack bait.

Attached Files:

2. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Nice fish mcwrester that had to be a lot of fun. Its nice to get away from the work and do some fishing. Were you at a big lake I see the boats In the back ground.

3. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fished near a marina above a local dam.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice fish and report Brad:wink:

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on finishing school, and thats a nice Carp.