First Post

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by peej, Feb 15, 2008.

1. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    My first post.. I didn't see any post from anyone from the centex area. so i guess i can give yall a fishing report from Cameron..For the last 6 days , we've ( my brother and me ) have been catching some nice channel cat and blues in little river at the pump station. He's been using crawfish and I've caught mine on shrimp soaked in vanilla abstract..the biggest has been a 14lb blue he caught today and mine has been 12lb channel cat.since last saturaday we've caught up to 15 or 16 cats and 2 hybrids.it hard catching these cat when these casper goos biting faster then you can put your line out.:angry:

2. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like fun man welcome to the boc and your doing better than me i havnt caught any in awhile. Keep fishing good luck man.

3. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome from Indy!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey welcome to the BOC, you will love this site. There is plenty of good information and hear plenty of fish stories.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Paul, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

6. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    i see all these big kats one here:roll_eyes:.. for some reason i don't know why i have better luck in the river then I do in the lakes around here.so I'll stick to what i know best.the kats i'm getting down here look like minnows:smile2:

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana Paul. Thanks for the report from the southwest.

8. mmuckleroy

mmuckleroy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Paul welcome to BOC . What power lake are you on. I live on LK. Livingston. Good catch. :tounge_out:

9. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Paul,
    Welcome to the BOC. Take those goos your catching and use them for cut bait if you're not keeping them to eat. Or catch some shad. Those big blues will hit the fresh shad and cut bait a lot faster than shrimp or crawfish. Good luck to you and your brother.

10. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    well , I live in pflugerville , but i fish in the little river and the brazos from now until late fall. i try a stay away from the lakes , but the best lake i've had luck in is granger.right now those whites is runnin real good.but i have the kat fever..so i'm kat tracking now until football season..for some reason the river kats bite different baits then most lake kats around here.my river baits are ; perch , yella grass hoppers , small mudd kats , hellamites, crawfish and nice size texas earth worms about 9 inches long.when i go to the lake mostley belton or stillhouse i see people fishin with hot doggs, spam , summer sausage and shad.. for some reason i can't get my kountry kats to bite that city food:wink:

11. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Paul,
    Welcome to the BOC and thanks for the post. As 777 said be sure to check out the BOC library for lots of great information. There is a link in my Sig below my post.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Looking forward to reading your post.:0a25::0a23:

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Welcome to The BOC. :wink:

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the mighty BOC. Enjoy your stay.

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    welcome to the boc.hope your stay is a good one.

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Paul.

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to have ya on the BOC. Best fishing Web sight there is!! Welcome Welcome!!:smile:

18. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Paul... Sounds like you are catching more cats them most of us... at least me.. its cold here in Indiana... You picked the best Catfishing site on the web... Injoy..

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC Paul!!!

20. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    welcome aboard and post some pictures please.