First post

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Deacon, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Deacon

Deacon New Member

State:
    Bostic, NC
    Found the forum just browsing the internet. I was actually looking to book a trip to Santee soon. At any rate I love fishing in general, but catfishing has to be my favorite. I take my two sons as often as possible. I think it's good to get them out and show them there are things in the world other than Nintendo and X-Box.

I've caught large cats as well as tiny ones. I have to say my absolute favorite type of catfishing is wading in the local rivers here in NC at night. Just something exciting about having catfish chew on your shoestrings while you are standing there in the water. :big_smile:

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Dan! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :big_smile: As for me, I'm always happy to see another North Carolinian gettin' on board. I'll look forward to reading your posts in the future. Thanks for becoming a member of the best site on the net!

3. Deacon

Deacon New Member

State:
    Bostic, NC
    Thanks!

I was looking for a section of the forum for introductions, but couldn't find it. I look forward to getting to know people around here.

Come spring anyone want to go wading? :big_smile:

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Dan
    Best place to get to know members is the General Conversation board.

Be warned that once you join, you can't make yourself leave.:big_smile:

Tight lines

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Dan, welcome to the best site on the net!!!!

Catfishing is our Game, BSING is what we do best though!!! Hope you get as many hours of enjoyment and as many friendships from the site as I have.

(ps that Catgirl is a figment of your imagination, really she doesn't fish, just wishes that she could):wink:

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dan glad you have joined! This is the best and safest site on the net. We're all glad to have ya so jump right in and enjoy! Look forward to your posts and I totally agree with ya about the kids. There is other things to do beside games on the tv or the computer!-----------Sister Pat:big_smile:

7. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Dan.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Dan welcome to the boc!

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Welcome to the BOC. This place is fantastic. Good Luck down on Santee, I am going in March. On one of my yearly trips.

10. Deacon

Deacon New Member

State:
    Bostic, NC
    Do you go on your own or do you go guided? I have fished Santee a few times, just thought I would give a guide a try.

Thanks all.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

All of the above quote is true, save one little word. Please insert TDawgNOk where it says Catgirl, then you'll have it right :big_smile:. He's always WISHING he could fish :lol:. Remember, BSing is what Tony does best. By the way Tony, since I'm a figment of peoples' imaginations, guess I can't show up in chat today to keep you company, brother :tounge_out:.

Dan.....I'd love to go wading in the spring. You can't ever have too many fishing buddies! I've never fished for cats that way and it sounds FUN to me :smile2:.

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Welcome Dan, To the B.O.C. the best Website On Earth!!

13. Deacon

Deacon New Member

State:
    Bostic, NC
    Seriously I like wading for them as often as possible. The bad thing is most of my friends are a little shy about tromping off in the middle of a river at night. It truly is a fun experience. Have you ever used helgramites as bait?

14. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wouldn't go out in the middle of the river alone at night. But if I was with one or more fishermen I would be ok. It's just the snakes I would be afraid of.:crazy:

15. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Welcome to the BOC! I bet you are hooked already:big_smile:

16. Deacon

Deacon New Member

State:
    Bostic, NC
    No I wouldn't go out in this river at night alone it's too rocky. If you got hurt out there you would be in a world of trouble alone. The river (Broad below Gardner Web University) is very wide with a solid rock bottom. No real fear of snakes because the water is semi-swift. Just have to have the fortitude to try it once. Everyone that has ever went with me has fallen in love with it. The fish aren't huge, but you usually catch a ton of them. Nothing to go out and catch 50+ a trip. Heck I've even caught one while holding the rod in my mouth. I was putting a fish on my stringer when another grabbed my line.

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dan, your boat has landed at the dock at the BOC... Welcome ashore, grab a cuppa, tell us a few fishin' tales...:big_smile:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a senior citizen and I'm in the initial stage of my golden years...SS, CD's, IRA'S, AARP.

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Dan.....I just like wading in the river PERIOD, so fishing can only make it better! I can understand why people would be a bit fearful about the night thing, and no, I've never used hellgrammites as bait. I've heard they work really well for some folks though and I have SEEN 'em before. They look mean :big_smile:. Caught a dobsonfly once at the Jamestown flea market in Morganton (before I knew what it was and that hellgrammites were the larvae) and he was FIERCE! Poked holes through a styrofoam cup with his enormous mandibles on the way home trying to escape :eek:oooh:.

19. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Dan! A Great bunch of people here.:big_smile:

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dan a big welcome to the BOC. I can tell by your posts that your are going to fit right in. I agree with another post I think you are hooked already. Ha.