First Post

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Mizer, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Mizer

Mizer New Member

State:
    TN
    Hello
    I am finally getting around to submitting my first post. I live in Ashland City and own a sawmill in White Bluff. My wife and I have four children (3 boys and one girl). The boys and I have started fishing for cats this year and are still on a steep learning curve. We have been fishing on the cumberland around AC but not much success. I think we need to focous on fishing below the dam, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Welcome aboard hoss. You're gonna love this place.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Brian, welcome to the BOC! I live in White Bluff, and I believe there's at least 3 or 4 sawmills, which one do you own? I've been fishing for catfish pretty much my whole life, but just started going after trophycats the last couple years. There are some great guys that I've gotten to know on the BOC that I've had the privilege to meet and fish with. Get to know the locals that fish the Cumberland that are on here and they'd be glad to help you out. I can help you out a little if you've got some questions.

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Wow that is long time between sign up and post LOL welcome to the BOC buddy

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Brian... hurry and get a few posts under your belt so's we can start abusin' ya...:lol: Seriously, if your answers can't be found here then, in the vernacular, you're SOL...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm always late. My ancestors arrived on the June flower.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC, from New York.:0a25:

8. Mizer

Mizer New Member

State:
    TN
    Tnvolcat
    My mill is at Hwy 47 lumber. I saw high grade logs for them. It would be great to hook up with you some time. The boys and I are heading down to the dam in about an hour to try to catch some skipjack and maybe get a couple hours of fishing in.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC brian

10. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Welcome to the BOC! From lookin at your avatar, you are off to a pretty good start:smile2:

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Brian.

12. Mizer

Mizer New Member

State:
    TN
    Heavyduty
    I hired a guide last year and I caught that one at cumberland city, now I am hooked

13. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Brian, maybe we could meet sometime at the Dam, I'm in need of some fresh skipjack, but I'm stuck in the office here at work Mon.-Fri. (7-4) and my weekends have been full up the past month and it's only going to get worse with the holidays approaching. I also try to plan my Saturdays around U.T. football games. A small group of us got together and fished at Cumberland City last Sat. and there was a few fish caught. You can check out the pics and the info from the day on the thread called "Cumberland City fall fishing gathering" or something like that in the Tennessee catfishing thread, I believe. I hope yall have a good, safe trip. Let us know how it went when you get back. Good luck!

14. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Brian.

15. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Welcome to the BOC!!! Brian, Were glad to have you!!

16. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Welcome aboard, what took you so long? :tounge_out: Come on up to Cumberland City and fish between there and the dam.