First Post!!!! Need some ideas!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flatheadhuntin, Aug 6, 2009.

1. flatheadhuntin

flatheadhuntin New Member

State:
    Glen Rose,Texas
    Hey Guys,
    Been a member for a little while. Just wanted to see how things were done around here before I posted. I got a question, anybody else had the bites slow waaaaay down since the hot weather set in. For about the last month the only thing that'll bite my hook is a gar or turtle.:angry: Don't care for them much. How have ya'll been fishin' since the hot weather has set in?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Welcome to the boc, well your first post :wink: Click the user CP button twds the top and look to ur left u will see Edit Avatar reamber has to be a photo of your Face Goodluck

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    For your avatar look at the top of this page and click user cp . Then on the new page you will see edit avatar .

For hot weather try fishing deep holes or deeper water after the sun goes down .

4. flatheadhuntin

State:
    Glen Rose,Texas
    Thanks guys. The water where we fish gets no deeper than around 8 foot and that's on a good day. They have just slowed way down. I sure hope they pick back up soon!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wes Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. During the heat of summer consider looking for deeper holes, outside bends in rivers, or maybe fishing at night. The bite should be picking up soon.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out::0a25: to the boc wes and yes they should be hitting soon seem like a long spawn season this yr tho

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Typically in my home river in the heat of summer, if I move around a bit I can find a few fish, but nothing big. I do OK for numbers of flatheads but for the big fish spring is way better.

8. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well since its been slow.. ive just been takin it easy.. and just check the member library in subforum for the most critical info on fishin tips. Hope this helps & Welcome to the mighty BOC Wes.

9. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Weclome to the BOC

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Wes.

11. flatheadhuntin

State:
    Glen Rose,Texas
    :big_smile: Appreciate the replys and ADVICE! From March thru June the fishing was awesome. I caught my PB in March, check the avatar, 30#'er. Live perch, 6600 garcia, 20# p-line, 7 ft. uglystik at 22:15 in about 7 foot of water on the mighty Brazos River. Pulled bait clicker and drag like a monster. 10 minutes later a 30# flat and a sh*t eatin' grin. Girlfriend caught a 15 lb'er about an hour later, what an awesome night!!! Can't wait for the bite to pick back up.

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Wes, welcome to the BOC.

13. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    When the water's hot, look for deeper water downstream of a riffle. This water will be more oxygenated and will hold baitfish and subsequently, flathead. The big fish didn't disappear, so keep those big lively baits in a hole that you're confident in. Good luck! Long spawn this year but it should be ending soon.

14. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    COULD BE FROM THE SPAWNING??

15. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Wes!:big_smile::0a25: It's been quite and unusually cool here in Illinois this summer and I think that it has prolonged the spawn. I have yet to boat a big one, but I have been catching juveniles and young adults almost every trip. You just have to be persistent and it will pick up.:wink: If you like spring fishing, then you really should try em' in the fall if you don't already. Same pattern as spring pretty much. GOOD LUCK!

16. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Wes!:0a25:.We had the opposite problem here in Western Pa.,too cold of a July,slowed things down a little.I see some of the temps you guys are dealing with down there.IMO,I,d find some deeper water even if it meant driving a couple hours to get to it.:wink:

17. flatheadhuntin

State:
    Glen Rose,Texas
    Me and my girlfriend are gonna give it a shot this weekend. Hope the tides have changed. Come on cooler weather!!!!

18. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Wes welcome to the B.O.C. take a few min. an check out the FAQ question heading under quick links at top of home page