First post/been lurking forever

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by suey, Dec 6, 2006.

1. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey everyone...been coming here forever now it seems just never posted or maybe i havent posted because i havent been fishing since memorial weekend of 2005 which happened to be the best weekend catchin flatheads ever for myself on a lake smaller than patagonia. 18 flatheads in 2 days between 18-29 lbs with a handful of them under 10....who knows.......

but anyways i got an itch for it this coming season and i ordered some new gear to go along with some new gear i purchased after that last trip and havent even put line on the reels.... but anyways......... i got some killer deals from a place. its catfishconnection.com. they have some big boy abu garcia reels right now for an awesome price and they have some shakespeare rods for a great price too....... best prices i have ever seen for these things and as far as bulk hooks, you cant go wrong.

i think i order all my catfish and alot of my crappie stuff from this place.

anyways........ i noticed a few of you frequent azbasszone...so do i.... for the most part great group of people.......

also....i saw a post earlier about the spawn... well... at roosey, some years the flats start moving as soon as mid april for prespawn. you can usually bet first weekend of may to catch fish. also, if you have a few guys and everyone has extra pole stamps, throw out a few rigs with cutbait bluegills or sunfish.... remember, these fish have been mostly lathargic all winter and are eager to feed.... this time of year i may catch more on cutbait than livebait..... just food for thought.....

suey

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Welcome to the BOC. This place is full of information and has a family feel to it.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Welcome Shawn!

Glad you came out of the bushes and joined the large family here. Read, reply, ask, laugh, cry but most of all enjoy!

Take care.
    Cheryl

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC Shawn glad to see ya jump on board

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Suey....

I'll have to go beyond the Colorado river from the beach here at LA and try roosie some time.... Have to plan some time to do so.

Again, welcome.... Lots of good infor here on this site

bayrunner ray

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome Shawn. You will like it here.

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the brother hood shawn , thanks for joining and giving up some info to help out the rtest of the family

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC , yer gonna luv it here.!!!

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    welcome to the BOC, Shawn... there ain't no place like this place anywhere near this place...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I didn't get a toy train like the other kids. I got a toy subway instead. You couldn't see anything, but every now and then you'd hear this rumbling noise go by. -- Steven Wright

10. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    welcome BOC brother, we shall talk hopefully over the next coupel of months about our great lakes here in the valley. Next year looks really promising, and I hope this site as well as all of us can help you break you new gear in. ":dribble: Dont forget to set the clicker!"

11. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Shawn.

12. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Welcome Shawn. I am sure you will like this place. I have learned a lot and I am sure you will also.

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Shawn. There is a great bunch of people here. Jump on in and join the conversation.

15. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Welcome, Shawn to the B.O.C. The Best Place on the Web.

16. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Welcome to the forum!

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome Shawn. :smile2:
    Sending you some rep points and some coins.

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Welcome, welcome, welcome. With a handle of suey, I figgured you was from Ark. sure. Suprised me... LOL

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Shawn! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :smile2:

20. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Welcome. You are in great company here.