First outing for Flathead catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by tdpasser, Jun 21, 2008.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I'll be looking for structure near a shore, me and Trevor (my youngest) will be in the old red Lund. New line, the good S & W Corn, 3 lg. worm containers, fresh batteries for the headsets and off we go. We will report back on Monday. Headed out Sunday evening. Say houdy if you see us. td:wink:

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Terry, did you do any good?
    I was out there (Bartlett) last Fri to Sun and didnt do very good. A buddy picked up a couple of channels but no flats. The water level dropped quite a bit in two days.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hope you have some success. Gotta love those long trips for the cats.

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Sorry for the laye reply. We caught an 8 lber and had a coulpe of other high speed run not sure if those were big channels or what but very fast runs. The 8 lber was more of a usual flat run slow and steady. We forgot our live bait baskets at home which slowed our fun later in the night. The water level was perfect bait was big and no wind. We had a great time all in all. We fished the islands across from the second launch, a favorite spot at this water level. The 8 was released in hope the fish gods would give a bigger one, maybe next time. Conditions are the best.

5. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the report Tdpasser. Trying to get back out there.