Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much but i broke my Zero streak... Caught my first catfish finally after 4 outings.... About a 4 pound channel my buddy took a crappy picture on my cell phone camera didn't zoom in so it kind of looks like a guppy... Caught on a pineapple boilie of all things...see if i can post it....

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
Angel,

Take a look at the fish's tail. It's not forked! Channel cats have forked tails. what you got there is a white cat. This species is native to Atlantic Coast states. The love tidal and breakish water.

I, too, broke my 2008 catfish cherry with a white cat.

Pineapple boilie? Are you carpfishing?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Angel,

Take a look at the fish's tail. It's not forked! Channel cats have forked tails. what you got there is a white cat. This species is native to Atlantic Coast states. The love tidal and breakish water.

I, too, broke my 2008 catfish cherry with a white cat.

Pineapple boilie? Are you carpfishing?
Thanks Blacky... I am not so great with identifying the fish.. Caught a Black Crappie last year didn't know what it was until Phillycat told me LOL...Looked like a channel to me its kinda of forked i might have a better picture..:wink: Yeah i was attempting to catch a carp he got hooked on a little 6 hook right on the bottom lip... Kind of looked like a piercing on his lip.....:eek:oooh:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Congrats Angel. You are one up on me in the cat dept. I've only been out once and only landed one trout.
My sons have caught more fish than me this year.:crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.