First Nor-easter of the season

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Feb 13, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Yup its a coming the weather service predicted we can expect two feet of snow and high winds to hit the mountains where i live around midnight. The storm is supposed to last through Wend. Were prepared in case of power outs. Ill fire up the four wheel drive and take some pictures. This one should be a doozy!!!:lol:

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Just make sure that you and Beth stay warm and safe!

I still wish we would get one good snow here in NC this winter. LOL

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Stay safe and warm bro

4. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Throw another log on the fire And be careful.

5. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    if i was you i wouldnt play around...but im not you ...so,you be cariful out there and i hope you all are well for the duration of the storm

6. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    It's hard to say how much snow we got today because of all the blowing and drifting snow. I believe we got around 10" since midnight last night.

Give me your address Barb and I will give it to the next snow plow driver I see.

Tony

_

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve stay safe and warm. Put another log in the furnace and think SPRING.:feel_good: :still_dreaming: :0a32: :0a32: :0a32:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Steve I been hearing reports where you folks get upwards of 82 inches of snow I presume in one snowfall,seriously how do you get around in weather like that. Do you have to have people come with plows and plow out around your home. I never heard of such deep snow. Is this an every winter occurance?:eek:oooh:

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Pat the area that got that snow is about 400 miles northwest of us. Some of those areas have received eleven to twelve feet of snow this winter. A lot of it is lake effect snow on the east side of the great lakes. They are very well prepared for it, and take in stride. Our forecast here in the Adirondack Mts. has changed there now expecting three feet, witch is no big deal for up here. We are supposed to have blizzard conditions all day today and into the night, which makes things a more difficult but people up here are prepared for it. Right now its 6 degrees out and with the wind chill its well below zero. The worst that could happen is losing power, but i have kerosene heaters, and plenty of kero to keep us warm, and the cupboards and freezer are full. So all i can say is Let er rip!!! Ole mother nature is gunna do what she wants to do!!!!

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I hope this will be the last one also. In northeast Ohio, its currently 15.8 F with a steady North wind at 20 mph. windchill at -1. It could be worse. Work called off today (they closed).

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Well so far weave got 7 inches, but its supposed to intensify this afternoon. The worst is yet to come!!!:lol:

12. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Good luck...we really got slammed here.

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Well were up to 30 inches and its still comming down!!!:lol:

14. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member