First night using cutbait.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Sep 8, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    we caught a whole bunch of bluegill to use we got some hits but caught nothing i think all the cats that were going after it were to small. what do you guys think?

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Sounds reasonable. I'vr had the same thing happen. Agrivating ain't it ??

3. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I've Been There Brother, Get Alot Of Small Hits But Then When Ya Least Expect It bam ,it's Aggrevating.lol

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, probably dinks. When that happens to me I move to another spot, seems like all the dinks hang in the same place.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah at a few of my favorite places, they have been that way..... But business always picks up in the fall.... the weather is perfect tonight but my boy has a football game tommorrow so i have to get some sleep or i would be out right now and we got some good rain today......... ahhhhhh...

6. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    if you didn't catch any fish at all and you had a lot of hits, I would say you were the victim of soft-shell turtles. I've had many nights were I had the same thing happen....you would get a tap, tap, tap and a little pull and then you would set the hook into nothing. This would happen over and over and I just couldn't understand it until I foul hooked 2 of those suckers back to back during the hook set. I then realized what I thought were picky eatin' catfish were bait steeling turtles

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It be that way, at times the big ones just wont bite.

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    tomcat85

I get most of my Flatheads, approx. 80% on what I call the "lite-bite". Some would say that it is just small fish but I know and have see different. The biggins can bite very very soft and along with that, most of the time they will not run with it. My PB Flathead bit like a 6 inch Perch, 39#s.

:smile2:

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i dont think we have flatheads from where im from. do you guys think i should move to another spot? im fishing in this hole under a bridge around the pillar. ive heard of guys pullin big ones out of there. should i keep trying?

10. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Tomcat

Thanks fer the update for I'm pretty much a staight Johnny Cat guy. If you could place your city oin your profile it would help others help you plz.

:crazy: