First night on ADC

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by cuttingout69, Apr 24, 2007.

1. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I made 6 set on 2 ponds yesterday for beaver, for a local city. From what I can see from the road, I took 2 beaver last night and could not see a third trap. I told them I did not think there were more than 3 beaver doing the damage, and if I am right, I don't need but one more. :big_smile:

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Took two more beaver yesterday, and so far I can see one in a swim through set this morning. This is a drainage ditch that comes through the middle of town. The pounds I am trapping are less than 50' wide by 50-100 yards long. I have busted two so far in a bank den, two in a feed trail and the one I could see from the road in a channel swim through. I still have 3 traps I can't see on my drive by. I hate trapping this time of year, the cotton mouths are out in force right now.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i wouldnt mind getting paid to trap:lol:

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I took one beaver in a swin through last night. I think I may be getting close to the end of the line on these trouble makers. I am glad it is warm, my wadders are leaking really bad now. I have a dime size hole just below the knee. I have to keep the right boot out of the water over knee deep. :big_smile:

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Try duct tape. it doesn't stay on long but it works.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Your just doin allright Tony. nice to see ya doin something usefull keep up the good work man.

7. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I took a mature beaver in that same feed trail last night. That make three beaver from that on feed trail. I have taken 6 beaver in 4 nights with 6 traps. I did take on the traps up this morning. I was thrown this morning and I did not have the setters with me, so I just took it up.

8. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Tony, you can fix those waders with a small tire patch and you can set those 330's with a short piece of rope by looping it through the spring eyes and pulling them together or just stick a foot in the sprung trap and pull the spring together with both hands an swing the safety on but you probably already knew that but some reading this post may not.

9. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ya John, I just left the setters in the truck as I did not really think I would need them. I did not ever ware my waders this morning. I was just looking to see if anything had happened over night. I messed up and put a 280 in the new feed trail that was pushed around where I had taken 2 beaver already. It was thrown. The beaver still pushed over it and went up the hill, cut limbs, came back down the hill in the old feed trail and snap. I took him in the 330. I re-set the 330 by hand, I can not set the victor 280's by hand though. It was kind of funny to me, he still had the three privet hedges limbs in his mouth. This was the beaver I was looking for also. This was a large, mature beaver. I have taken 4 juveniles and 2 adults so far. I think this may be near the end of the line for a while.

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    tony 25 years ago i did some trapping with an uncle of mine.he used borax to keep his bait from getting to rotten.i was wondering if it would work on fish bait.and if it would how much it would take.johnnie

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

soudiom benzate (spelling????) would be a better choice it will keep your baits they way you put them in a jar for years

12. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    took 8 beaver in 7 nights. pulled yesterday.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thata a good haul Tony.thanks for the info