First Muskingum River run

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Ben Noll, May 20, 2009.

1. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My friend Darrel from the bait shop and I went to the river last night.Anchored up about 8:45 fished till 11:45.We only had two runs(neither one on my rigs).One run produced a 7.7 shovelhead,the other produced a mashed goldfish.The fish was caught on a decent sized bluegill.Water surface temp was 63.5.We fished a logjam-riprap spot that usually provides action.We may have bailed out a little soon but my buddy was dressed a little light.Good fishing and be safe.

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Yea Ben, you gotta weed out those guys that only want to fish for 3 hours lol. Congrats on catching one though.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Spend your time fishing like Skip is saying, and the fish will spend their time on your hook.:wink: Flathead fishing takes patience and hours of dedication between bites often. But, you gotta be there to catch em. rollo

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Now Rollo you told me that flatheads were to be caught everytime your out now I figured out what ya meant. Several hours between bites lol,,,

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe next time Ben.....thats why is called fishing and not catching.:smile2: I had a young man with me last nite who only wore a sleeveless t shirt and jeans didn't complain one minute and we stayed all nite, only boated two fish.