First Love

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by anchorpuller, Dec 13, 2007.

1. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Last night was unseasonably warm here. I took advantage of it and left the hubby to tuck the children in. They were not happy that they could not go with me.
    I gotta tell ya, I thought there would be a bunch of folks taking advantage, but no. After about 8pm it was me and nature. The water was still and I could hear the distant splashes of fish breaking the surface. The birds were vocal at times. When they got close, it would make me jump at the loudness in the night.
    Dad had sent me a gift for an extra marine battery to use instead of my old generator. It made the serenity of fishing at night much more pleasureable than the hum I was used to. I had to call him and share a few moments with him and let him hear my appreciation for his generosity. We ended up chatting for almost an hour as I pulled in a couple. It was almost like having him with me. This is the times I appreciate the little blue tooth thing. My voice seemed to carry across the entire lake in the quietness. As the coolness of the evening set in, I pulled the zipper up on my sweatjacket and pulled on the warmer boot socks instead of my bare feet.

The bite was slower than usual and definitely a mixed bag. I brought home a little of everything from catfish, crappie, white bass and even a bm bass that went all of about 2 lbs. He made a nice filet though!

Today after school, the kids wanted to enjoy a photo shoot and show each other up. I thought I might share a few of those pictures with y'all.

Attached Files:

2. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    Watch the size out there.......

Jordan is one lake that seems to have a wildlife officer around more often than not......16 inches on those fish...and they are strict.

3. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks Greg......

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice bunch of eaters there ,Laura ,thanks for the pics with the kids .

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Congrats. The pics are great too.:big_smile:

6. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    That looks like a fine mess of fish. Thanks for sharing the pics.

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sounded fun and the kids still look happy...job well done. Thanks for sharing.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on a well deserved night out of fishing. Looks like the kids had a good time with the photo shoot. Tried to rep ya but it said i had to spread the love LOL.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Laura! Enjoyed the pics, too. The kids are adorable!

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. Pixie dust is outta sprinkles. I owe ya'.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good readin and thanx for sharein.

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I didn't know you fished. I'll bet you don't go out without the kids again. They will be watching you like a hawk. Eat that bass before the brown shirts show up.

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks for sharing the pics and story laura. Id love to be out fishing right now but its 20 degrees and around 6 inches of snow on the ground.

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks for sharing your night out on the water. And the photos are wonderful.

14. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Everyone needs some alone time and I am glad you took your.
    Your kids are so cute
    Sharon

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Laura! Glad you got to fish and nice pics of the kids! :big_smile: