First Lake flathead catfish and big channel catfish last night.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smoothkip25, Sep 6, 2009.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Me, Shelby and my buddy Chris(Kre1) hit the lake by my house last night for some channel cat action ,the lakes been there since the 70s so i figured it might hold some good channels. About 10:30m i got my first run, When i got him close i could see he was a good fish. 12.5# channel cat. Later on i caught another small channel. At 15 till 1 I had another good run and set. He felt bigger and just kept digging and digging. I got him to the bank and by my suprise was a 15.5# Flat. This is my first lake flathead and a good one for my first and only being 2 mins. from the house. I think im gonna spend some more time fishing here by the house. Turned out to be a pretty good night.

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    its good to hear you had a good night, :wink: as far as not fishing that pond right by the house, don't you just want to kick your self in the a$$:confused2: i done it one time, by passing this old channel off of a river up home, i drove by it for YEARS and didnt think there was any thing in it, well i found out, stoped by there one time to go to the bathroom, looked around and sead well i'lljust cast out a few times with my ultra light and a yellow roster tail first cast BAM 5 lb l.m. bass :crazy::big_smile::cool2:

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Its actually a 500+ acre lake.

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    way to go kip.....Shelby looks like theres nuttin to it....and i bet you didnt even have to pick burs off of ya :wink::smile2::smile2:

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    congrats on a good night kip, my buddy caught a 36 lb flat out of there about 10 years ago, so there are more and bigger in there

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Congrats on the nice fish buddy! You KNOW i'm gonna be coming up there soon after seeing what kind of fish are in there. Shelby's so casual now bout holding the big fish isn't she?

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Cant beat that for being right down the street from the house, good job bro.:wink:

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Congrats on a good outing.
    It never pays to pass up a 500acre lake without giving it a try. Most people don't broadcast the success they have had to locals on a lake that size, they just keep it to themselves.

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great going Kipper. I haven't got to fish the lake this year yet. We'll team up and get some of those thirty pound channels I keep hearing about. :wink:

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Way to go Kip ...Great fish ...... Garry

11. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thank's for the pics of those nice fish. What a great way to spend some time with Shelby.

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    nice fish there congrats

13. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Gratz on the nice fish

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very nice outting Kip. Those lakes all hold big fish just have to have patience. Congrats!

15. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish man.I've caught some beefy channels out of there too years ago.
    I don't think there is much catfishing pressure on that lake at all

16. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good job Kip an Chris an shelby. Thats for the report .

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Congrats Kip!

Are you giving up on the river?

18. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Id never give up on the river Tan! Thats my passion! Just been busy around the house and I catch alot less hell going down the road rather than driving an hour away 2 to 3 times a week!:big_smile:

19. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dang nice fish! :smile2:

20. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What a good night. Those are some good fish, especially fishing from the bank in a lake. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.