First kill of the year

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Seth, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Shot this hen Saturday evening with the Drenalin. I busted her in the hips with a Grim Reaper and she went about 75 yards and buried under a brush pile and died. This is my second turkey with the bow in my career. My first one was killed last year about 10 foot from where I shot this one.

Now I just need to pop a deer so I can get some more deer stix made. I'm out! :sad2:

Attached Files:

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on the kill. I love me some wild turkey.

3. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Aint nothing quite like whacking a turkey with a bow. Took a 12lb jake Saturday am. Mine was taken with a 4 blade 100gr Muzzy, hit him right below the wing joint. He went about 4 feet, flooped another 15 or so. Nice batch/flock of bigger one's went thru further away, this jake and his pard came thru at about 20 feet. Congrats, hunting those birds with a bow is addictive.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Way to go Seth, congrats. I've tryed for years to get drawn on a bird and always seem to get busted. Should try 1 on 1 in the spring i guess when they an't flocked up. Enjoy the meat.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    awesome! turkeys are tough with the bow. good job.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the Turkey Seth!! Hoping you'll have the same success on the deer season too. Smack a good one. I agree 100%!! Turkeys' are tough critters with a bow. That's quite the accomplishment with a bow. A trophy for sure and something to be proud off!! Great job!!:wink:

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats, nice shooting.

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm sure I'll have a decent year on the deer as well. I haven't hunted as much with the bow this year as I have in the past. Last year I ended up with 1 turkey and 3 deer kills with my bow. One was my best bow buck to date as well.

I'm ready for this next month to pass by because I am off work November 5-15 to hunt. That should be primtime for the big boys to come out of hiding and start looking for love.

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats on the kill!!!

10. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
  11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Good job on the turkey with a bow Seth. Very hard to even to get drawn on a turkey.

Tom

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on the turkey!

13. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    SWEET! Congrats on the bow kill turkey Seth! I hear ya on being out of deer sticks....and summer sausage....and jerky.

Love that profile pic bro! Haulin ass ahead of the storm....pretty wicked looking clouds behind you. LOL

14. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    LOL...yea we loaded the boat faster thane ver before. I don't think we could do that so fast again if we tried. We had no more closed the doors and it slammed us. I still thank Kutter for that one. :smile2:

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    They were cheering for us at the Oar House when we pulled out. Remember that Medford?

16. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I knew I should of made the Missouri gathering last spring! Maybe next year....I hope.

17. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Congrats on your turkey thank for sharing pic I would think you will have no problem getting a deer

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009