First Impressions

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rebelzgrl76, Sep 6, 2006.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    When I first came to the sight Catfish1.com and was browsing the BOC my first impression was OMGoodness....those cats are massive!!! I had no idea that such a place could hold so many people that has caught such massive catfish. I must've spent hours just browsing the albums. On top of that, the people were to appreciative of one another, that was a big plus. Everyone seem to be very repsectable of one another and really encouraged each other. Thats what I liked about this place and still do.

What was your 'First Impression' of the BOC?

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yep, that about sums it up for me too. Although i'm still tryin to shake my first impression of Big George! LMAO:lol:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    WOW!!:cool2: pk powell

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think you hit it on the head.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    TOM! You ain't seen nothin yet! LOL!

Amy. Ya don't get a second chance to do it so ya gotta make the first one count. LOL! Just hope we didn't scare ya! LOL!

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Boy Tom you got that right! lol
    But the funny thing is, thats just the thing that I found interesting about this site. There were so many different kinds of personalities living here, I just had to stick around and see how it would all work out. What a unique place. Now look at me, I guess that I'm here to stay, but I won't go so far as a tattoo.lol :eek:oooh: :lol: :big_smile:

7. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    it pretty well overwhelmed me at first tryin to get everything figured out. but there is so much toleanr and advise on here you truely never get it all figured out.

8. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    My first impression (which was recently as I'm new!) was 1. why the heck didn't I think to search the internet for fellow fisherman years ago!!! and 2. Like I had hit the jockpot in the way of finding a bunch of nice, friendly people (some of whome will hopefully become fishing buddies) to learn from, joke around and chat with and maybe fish with.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    'BG' about scared me to death at first...Then I came to realize he's not as mean as he looks!!! I'm proud to have BG as a Brother.Everybody here is like my big extended family.

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i thought it was the coolest thing i ever saw!

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Big George is one of my favorite posters... Him and Netmankack...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    If it's tourist season, where do I get a license?

12. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    My first thought was..... I gotta do more fishin! These guys been putting it on them and since i've done things i thought i would never do. Being grown up jugging and trotlining pole fishing was never a thought. One of the guys (that don't post anymore hardly for some odd reason on the ms thread) talked me into trying rod and reel. We went out on the mississippi and within the first hour had one over 10 and another that was 42 inches long (30 pounds conservative guess) and thought OH MY GOD!!! Since i'd rather be pole fishing and i owe that person a THANK YOU if they read this! :wink:

13. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I thought maybe I might learn a few thing from these folks. And I did. Not only did I learn, but I gained a bunch of friends.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
  15. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Mine had to be... now this is one place I might fit in:wink:

16. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im with you and done exactly the same

17. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N

Big George is just a big Teddy Bear with a beard Haa!!!Haa!!! .:happy::happy:

The BOC wouldn't be the BOC with out Big George.

I thank God for all of you.

:look_down:

:cat:

18. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I Feel the same as you brother couldn`t add any thing to it:lol:

19. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Never Knew A Website To Be So Proud Of What It Has To Offer To It's Members. When I Found This Site I Was Actually Looking For Different Cat Baits To Use On My Next Outing,glad I Became A Member And I Cant See Myself Going Any Where Else .if I Need Help With Something You Guys Are The Only Ones To Ask

20. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I was impressed with the willingness of the members to share their knowledge of everything to catching the bigguns to repairing boat motors. BobPaul offered (with out charge or any other expectation) advice on getting my old boat motor up and running. In enough detail that I could understand and do it myself. He remains my hero to this day.