First ice icefishing for trout

Discussion in 'CANADIAN CATFISH' started by Canadiancatman, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Up here in Manitoba we have a very long and cold winter so to make the best of it I love to go icefishing!!
    Well I couldn't take waiting for ice any longer so I went west and found my self some! 4" of solid clear beautifull ice!! B)
    Monday
    [​IMG]
    First fish through the ice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Right after I landed this beauty a whole pile of coyotes started yippin and howling like crazy VERY close nice way to end day one! :) 2 fish landed a dozen more fought and lost.
    Tuesday
    My uncle joined me this time and we tried going further out. The ice was singing and cracking like crazy and at time it sound like a bunch of lazers off of star wars!! The Bows were on fire we landed over 40 and lost half as many. What a battle they put up on the ice rods!! Heres a few pics from tuesday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Felt awesome to get out on the ice but One thing that pi$$ed me off though was someone else was out before us and decided it was a good idea to throw a bunch of beer bottles out on the ice and drag the garbage can from the launch to the middle of the lake along with a bunch of wood and build a fire and leave all the crap out on the ice! we tried to get the garbage can out but it was frozen in the ice and we didn't want to get too close to it.

2. That's a great report bro, really sounds awesome out there, nice fish! :tounge_out:

3. Really nice pics bro. What are all those skids of cinder blocks doing there?:eek:oooh:

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj

there holding the bank down so it dont blow away :cool2: :wink: :smile2:

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    thats a great report bro those are some beautiful fish:cool2: I cant believe you got ice already I was in a teeshirt yesterday. :smile2: idiots do the same crap around here with throwing trash and crap on the ice, sadly they're never the ones that fall in:angry::smile2:

6. :angry::angry:

LMFAO!!:smile2::confused2::smile2:

7. Canadiancatman

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Thanks bros I had to drive 2.5 hours to find that ice:eek:oooh: Around home here it's still really mild especially for this time of year!! John all those blocks were supposed to be used for part of the areration system that they never put in. :confused2: I't too bad as it's a stocked trout lake with some real monsters in it hopefully they can overwinter there'll be some 25" + bows and browns!!

8. Canadiancatman

State:
    Manitoba Canada
  9. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj

see told ya john :tounge_out: :confused2: :smile2:

10. snomad

snomad New Member

State:
    Manitoba
    Hey Shane, how are you? Nice pics. You must have been at Patterson? The "south" didn't have any ice at that time. The Walleye fishing is pretty good on the Red just now although I haven't been out myself (my gear is all up at the cottage). The first few vehicles have been on the river and the first shacks are showing up.

11. Canadiancatman

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Hey Jan I was at the other lake near patterson it was awesome!! I've been to the red a couple times already too did nott too bad!
    Here's the better fish we got on dec 21st
    Oti with a nice one
    [​IMG]
    Myself with a 31"
    [​IMG]
    And my uncle Blaine with a 29.5" his pb 8)
    [​IMG]