first ice - anyone have any ice reports?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by flathead_hunter, Dec 16, 2008.

1. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    just curious if anyone has any ice reports or been out... don't think it is thick enough here yet

2. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    The big ponds are not good enough yet but but some of the smaller ones are. Manawa had people fishing it.

3. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah, thats what i heard from someone yesterday... i don't think i would be out there just yet

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i hear that~!:eek:oooh: this hard freeze will get me out there but next week im thinkin i like to have a minimum of 4" o prefer 6" but im layed off and itchin to catch me a winter cat.

5. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    you guys catch the in-fisherman ice guide on tv dish ntwork channel 418 doug stange was fishing with steve lytle out at red willow they caught a 33 inch channel through the ice.... the channel is foxmw its on of them fox sports channels i think the episode is rerun again on this sunday at 730 am with g3 outdoors to follow whitch i set a dvr for that one the had team catfish on there last week :cool2:

6. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The ice will have to get a lot thicker for me to go out on !! Not cuz I'm over 300 lbs. Just cuz I'm big boned !!! :big_smile:

7. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    some guys on another nebraska forum have been doing well.. i believe one said he caught some nice crappie from stagecoach friday morning...:0a18:

8. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    well thats good to hear... that just 5 miles down the road ill go by there and wagon train to see which i fish first thing after x-mas... kids got me bouncin from b-ball games to holiday concerts for the last week.. but im ready just gotta gas up the Auger~!!!:0a18:

9. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Starting to get the bug !!! Haven't been ice fishing for a number of years and found my tip ups yesterday now cant find the dam auger !!! I'm begining to think someone wanted it worse than I did :angry: Guess I could use my chain saw !!:big_smile::big_smile: If any one has a power auger they want to get rid of I may be interested. Although the money is a little short now with christmas so will have to be a cheapy !! Merry christmas to all and if your going out on the ice be careful !!!

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Seen some fisherman on the ice at Windmill State Rec. area going for the trout stocked there. That was last week.Windmill is located by Gibbon, Ne. right off I-80. Believe the warmer temps. will keep them off for now until another cold blast comes along. I live right by Lake Hastings and today I seen alot of melting going on. I would stay off the lakes in this area, maybe the Nothern Nebraska lakes are much safer due to colder conditions.

11. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    went for a few hours today... caught some small channels about 6 - 8 inches.. and one bigger channel that was about 2 pounds.. ice was about 4 1/2 inches

12. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't been ice fishin in years I am jelous of ya'll sometimes but then I like my 70 degree days in dec.

13. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    your not missing much... nebraska weather sucks!!!! one day it will be 10 out with -20 below wind chill the next day will be 60 and sunny.... i wish it was about 80 all year long with about 20% humidity and not 80% humidity:tounge_out:

14. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    9 inches of ice today... some little channels about 6-8 inches long.. 2 crappie 1 was 13 the other was 10.. lost one bigger than both when i pulled it out of the hole.. all caught on small pieces of shad 12-29-08_1535.jpg

15. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just finished reading about a couple guys in Kansas that fell through the ice !! one made it and one didn't Just another reminder be safe on the ice:cool2:

16. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    well another front is coming thru to give us something to stand on without worry.. anyone know what and where the brave ones have been catching ??

17. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    my 2 buddys have been out on zorinksky not to far from the bridge catching very nice crappie one after another guess they ran outta bait 3 times monday

18. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    you should try stagecoach or wagontrain since it's pretty much in your back yard:roll_eyes:

19. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    planned on that this weekend if i dont have to breathe ice with each breathe.. but was just checkin the catch to see if there was a better spot

20. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sounds like its going to be nice this weekend good luck and be careful !!:cool2: