first hog hunt

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by MDC river runner, Jun 12, 2009.

1. MDC river runner

MDC river runner New Member

State:
    kansas
    I have always wanted to go hog hunting. I live in kansas and thus far no hogs have shown up. I finally booked a trip in oklahoma a few weeks back and brought my dad and my sisters boyfriend along. It was a blast and im now addicted. Although i brought the bow along i ended up taking two hogs with my 45-70 instead. Both were around 200lbs. My dad took one the same size and my sisters boyfriend took one around 150lbs. Ive already got another trip scheduled for next year.

2. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like you had a good time. I got to warn you it does get very addicting once put your first hog down. :smile2:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    if you think shooting them is additive wait till you go with dogs and see a good catch dog work.

4. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    there is sdefently somethin exciting about dogs but hunting them either way has its benefits and excitment. have fun on your next hunt.:big_smile:

5. 2ROKHD

2ROKHD New Member

State:
    Bethalto, IL
    I do a lot of deer hunting, duck hunting, etc. The best time I have ever had hunting was when my buddies and I went to Tenn. hog hunting. There were eight of us, all hunting with bows and dogs. I recommend putting guns away and bowhunting them. The rush of being 20 to 30 yards from a hog is incredible. But, be ready to run in case they charge. The mount looks pretty good above my big screen.

6. MDC river runner

State:
    kansas
    i had all intentions of bow hunting and when i got down there the guy that ran the place talked me out of it, he said no one was having any luck with bows. Both of the hogs i took were well within 40 yards, thats what i get for listening instead of doing what i prefer.

7. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    How much did the trip cost you ? Trying to find a good deal on a hog hunt.

8. MDC river runner

State:
    kansas
    it was $300 for 2 nights stay and this included the first hog. No trophy fees and each additional hog was $50.

9. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Would you pm the phone number or the name of the place so i can contact them thanks.