First gun kill

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by rairdog, Nov 17, 2008.

1. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Well after 27 years of bow hunting I got my first gun kill with my muzzle loader. I have hunted with guns now and then but never took a shot. About 10 years ago I realized I had never had a gun kill and figured I might as well keep the tradition going. Then that Thompson SS encore I bought myself for Christmas 2 years ago started calling my name. We were going to public land and it was gonna rain so I figured I better use it. I left the Rem 1187 at home so I wouldn't be tempted to use it instead. I was on top of a hill on and old logging road and my buddies circled the base and were coming back to me. It was pouring and she stepped out from the trees with her head hidden behind another tree so she couldn't see me spin around for my move. I still couldn't get a shot without leaning off balance so I waited. Boooom! it knocked her off her feet. She tried to get up but couldn't. Double lunged her. Meanwhile a big buck steps out and takes off. There goes my motto of always being patient when there is a doe during the rut because there could be a buck tending. But, the freezer was empty. Anyway, he runs about 30 yards and lets out a grunt. I'm frantically reloading and he comes back! She must have been worth the risk. I'm pulling my rod out and look up and he's staring me down and then gone. I said "this is your lucky day buddy". 1187 = 2 dead deer. Good luck and be safe out there.

2. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    congrats on your 1st gun kill, one shot one deer,lol.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Congrats on the harvest.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
  5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the kill brother, is that the deer in your avatar

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats and take some classes in speed loading.:smile2: I get to spillin powder, bullets and the whole shabang if i'm not careful.

7. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    I had a speed loader but the plastic power belt came off and I couldn't get the bullet out of the bottom...LOL and I had pellets. Thats what keeps it interesting

8. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    That was a bow kill from a few years back.

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    congrats on the doe he will be loking for another girlfriend be ready !