first full day fishing

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Jun 16, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i took the boat out sunday to see if i could make it all day. i tryed to throw the net a few times and did get about twenty moon-eye in one throw, good thing thats all my shoulder and neck could stand. then off i went. set up on a spot caught a thirty foot barge rope. put the lines back out and hooked another rope so i got out of that place. road around looking at the finder. stoped and set up didn't even get the third line in the water and rod down. i put ten fish in the boat off that one anchor, all the fish were about same size 12 to 20 pounders, had a hard time keeping up with the poles the bite was that good, twice two poles down at same time. then a tug came down and hooked up the one barge out of fifty that i was fishing next two. that killed it. moved up to next set of barges put two more in the boat. after that i headed for the ramp. that was a blast, the one thing i didn't do was to snap a pic. of the fish that was in the low twenty's so I'm still on the skunk list but with a smile on my face. funny how well my shoulder & neck did as long as i was reeling in fish.

2. big riggin' younggun

big riggin' younggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    me and my dad just got our 20 foot roughneck ready to go and its good to know that people are atleast catching some i think its been a sort of fish drought lately .

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Good to hear you're back on the water,Russ.Ain't it funny how the pain disappears when the fun begins?

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Congrats on the fish. I was out last night from about 4-9pm and we managed one 2lb. channel. :confused2: Oh, and about 4 unwelcome, ugly, and rather large buttholed Drum. :smile2::smile2: Skippies and Aisians were my bait available.
    And here I was all ready to blame it on the 72 degree water spawn and east wind. lmao You sure took the wind out of my sails.

How'd you wind up doing yesterday Jason?

5. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    way to go russ glad to hear ur back held up

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats, sounds like some real nice fishing.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Good to see your feeling a little bit better Russ. Perhaps better hang up the 'ice skates' for good next winter and just stick with fishin! :smile2:

8. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to hear that you made it out, Russ....and that you caught a few fish while at it. See you on the river some time!:wink:

9. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Nice fish Russ
    keep it up

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    It dont sound like you forgot anything. Way to go Russ. I will get easier each trip now.

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Dan it took us a while but we found them. We managed to do better than 2lbs but I don't want to get into detail due to hurting people's feelings:roll_eyes: Oops Ive said to much! By the way you could find them at B12 not biting at J7 1/2:tounge_out:

12. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    yeah i think I'm out on ever playing for the stl. blues, except. for the ones in the ole ssippi.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. Glad to see ya back on the Sippi. I know all that down time had to be demoralizing. Hope the Ol Shoulder keeps getting better and better.