first fox

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by Sharpy22, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i trapped my first fox today for my first year trapping talk about being excited. I was actually quite shocked, never thought id get one being my first year trapping and being new at for being 35 years old. Considering my son being w/me checking traps today im not sure who was more excited wow! All i actually was hoping for was a coon but that takes the icing off the cake for not being a set for fox, i knew they were there but never dreamed of it just had to tell you all thanks:big_smile:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Leave that trap where it's at. I'll be surprised if ya don't get another in the same set.

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Congrats on your first FOX ... that is great .... Now the secret is ... as john said to leave it there .... but HAVE PATIENCE .... it might take a day or two beofre you get another one in that set .... Garry-:wink:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the fox brother.. rollo

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats,Matthew,Not easy to catch a fox ,even as a fluke when first year trapping. Keep your eyes open to the signs ya see and learn from what you see. Thats what seperates the great trappers from the mediochre ones. I think you have the will.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congratulations on your catch

7. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Hey kool. Congratulations.
    So tell us about the set.
    Pictures???

have a good one
    just

8. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    sorry guys no pics. it was basically a rough dirthole set caught a oppossum last week in the same trap, so i think its scent might have helped. I had it baited with shelled corn and a fish mixture trying for coon lol. But i still cant believe it though lol I saw the mate to him today when i was checking this afternoon so maybe w/a little luck but im not going to be disppointed if i dont get her thats for sure thanks you guys:big_smile:

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on the fox! I would love to have a fox pelt some day