First flathead catfish on the Great Miami River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Bigones, May 15, 2006.

1. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well Brothers me and Spencer went out yesterday and I caught my first flattie of 2006. Well actually caught 2. They where about 5 and 15 lbs didn't weigh them. Spencer had one on but he didn't know it it must have ran in so it didn't set the clicker off. When he was reeling in to check his bait it took off and he missed it. I also went out tonight by myself and caught 2 more a 8 and a 22 I think the bite is starting to turn on. Here is a couple pics. The first one was from yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Great lookin fish, I hope to post another one of my own when I get back from the river tuesday morn.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Thanks for the heads up and a big congrats!

My brother & I are headed for the "Big River" and sure hope we have something goooood to report tooooo!!!!!

:big_smile:

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job guys!! what did they take? and were you in the deep holes or around wood? While you guys were out catching great fish, The wife decided it would be a good weekend to repaint the house, luckily we got through that and are still a couple....:big_smile: Now Im unable to get out any this week so be sure to catch some for me will ya.
    Dont forget , the BOC event on June 17th, at West Carolton, Ill be hosting that.

Salmonid the house slave

5. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    It was an interesting night Saturday. We fished in a deep eddy that was cluttered with both fixed and floating wood. The best of the hits came on at midnight when the rain stopped.

Spencer

6. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the flathead. Well, four flatheads. Hopefully this recent rain will turn them on for all us on the GMR.

7. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got them all off blue gills. Wish I knew a place too get some bullheads though. last night they didn't start biting until about 2:00 am.

8. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Salmonid, more info on the June outing please. Is there more info somewhere in the Ohio threads?

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Nice job guys!!

10. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

Good job Tim those were some nice fish:cool2:

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio