First Flathead Catfish on chicken liver

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Bad_fisherman21, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ok i know most people say live bait is all they bite on but the only fish i caught in 3 hours of fishing(6:30-9:30) was a flathead....around dark i looked over and seen my pole doubled over and sure enough my first ever flathead and at first i though i was mistaken because i have heard the livebait thing so many times but i wasnt i check some pictured when i got home and it was a flatty only about 3 pounds but a first 3 pound flathead beats another 5 pound channel in my book ahaha...thought id share with you guys if you want share your first flathead story with me

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    congrats on your first flathead. the first of many.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ryan congrats on your first flathead. Keep that up and you will have to change your avatar name, to Good Fisherman.

4. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    When your real good you are bad :smile2:. Congrats bud!

5. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Congrats on your 1st Flattie!, it is something I promise you will remember forever!

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on the first catch. It's pretty rare to catch them on liver but I have actually seen a friend do it so not impossible.

7. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Yea, I did some research and its not that uncommon some people have caught there personal best flatheads on cutbaits...never on liver though so i guess im just lcuky:smile2:

8. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    Congrats!...I never caught one yet....never really fished for them with the live bait and all. As soon as I get my 1993 outboard out of the shop and 409.00 later to pay them I will be back out. Then I am going out!

:wink:

9. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations on catching your first flatty. I have never hooked one with liver, but have caught small ones using shad guts and nightcrawlers. I also have caught a #12 flat on stink bait.

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    congrats on your first flathead