First Flathead Catfish of 2006

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flathead_ky, May 1, 2006.

1. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Finally, I caught my first flathead of the year. It weighed 12# and I will have a pic on here soon. It wasnt huge, but it felt good to get me a flathead.I was using live bluegills and chubs, but he took nightcrawlers near an old stump. I was fishing my uncle's pond at his farm in Crocket, KY(Morgan County). He has never stocked it since he has lived there, but there is some quality fish in the pond. The fish was Caught-Photo-Released so it can grow and be caught another day. He showed me a pic of a 35 # that they put in there about 7 years ago. I hope to hook into that next time I visit them!

2. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    congratulations on your catch bro! there ain't nothing shabby about a 12lb. flat! :big_smile:

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Nothing shabby at all. I fished a tournement this past saturday on the Ohio River and a 10 pound flathead won big fish (unfornunately it wasn't mine, lol)

4. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thats a nice catch on your first flat of the year. They only get bigger from this point on.

5. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the replies and Oh Yeah it was a great catch for me and I hope there are many more this year for all of us. The pic will be on here as soon as I get a chance.

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice flattie to start of the year, way to go.

7. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is the pic, I figured I would use it as my avatar, because it is a current pic of me and my first flat of the year.