First flathead catfish of 07

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by bushwack, Apr 2, 2007.

1. bushwack

bushwack New Member

State:
    missouri
    Caught my first flatty of 07 on march 24th, Mississippi River, in 49.8 degree water,, he was only 5 lbs,,,, but it was a flathead,,, also caught some blues, but you can catch them any time here.

2. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats, I'm hoping to catch a few flatties this year as well.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    glad to see the flathead are starting to come alive should not be long before they start hitting here in southern Ind. thanks for sharing

4. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Hey Jay, congrats on the Flatty!! Hope you are enjoying that high water up in Cape :eek:oooh:

Did you catch him in the same place you were catching all those last year? How did your winter go? Catch any good blues?

A 25 & 26 (blues) are the best I've done this year so far but I'm about ready to get on some good flatty's!!

5. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Glad to see that they are starting to bite. Hopfully i will get me a few of those flatties this year

6. bushwack

bushwack New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks guys.
    Hey Shane,,no it wasn't the same place, it was about 15 miles the other direction.I have fished that same place this year, but no flatheads so far from there
    I laid off this winter as i always do,, when the flatheads quit biteing, i wait till spring

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    congrats to ya jay! they should be on here with the river temps in the high 50s, been too busy to get out though

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Congrats on your first flathead of the year. The water temps here in central Ohio are in the mid to high 50's. The problem now is the weather. It was in the high 70's on Tuesday, low in the 20's, high in the 40's rest of the week.

9. j-catfish

j-catfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on the flathead, all i've been able to get into so far is some channels

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    bushwack - Congrats on getting that 1st Flathead of the year!:big_smile: The water temp. here in Pa. was only 41* yesterday so it may be awhile till the Flats wake up!:angry:

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Jay that sounds like a nice catch of fish.

12. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Exactly what I was gonna say! But congrats!