first fishing pole

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by scooter079, May 10, 2008.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what was your kids first fishing pole

if you dont have any what was your first

mine was a snoopy pole then i jumped to an open face combo and my ole lady just bought our 7 day old baby a princess pole and am very glad she is suporting the traditions

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I started with a cane pole and finally graduated up to the ole' man's zebco 33. I haven't fished with either in many moons but the seemed good at the time. My kidlets all grew up throwing spinning rigs.

3. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Zebco 22 for my son, my daughter and myself.

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    My first was a boxelder limb , then someone gave a steel rod with a true temper bait caster. For my 8th birthday I got a new sears rod and bait caster , I still have the rod.My sons started with Diawa mini cast outfits.

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Oh the JOY of memories ..... :wink: My first was nothing less than a good old fashion bamboo cane pole ... when I was about 12 ... I inherited a great uncles octagon shaped 5 foot steel rod with a Sears bait casting reel that was guaranteed to give you a full blown backlash with every cast .... Still have the reel ... have no idea what happened to the rod ..... Finally tamed the reel in the 60s to where it only backlased every third cast .... :smile2: .... Garry-

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dale, you and Garry are showin ya age talkin bout them steel rods.:smile2: I still see a few around yard sales.

7. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I started with a cane pole, when I was about 8 years old. I started my kids with zebco 22.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mine was a zebco 202 combo, I was told it would land the big ones!

9. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Started with a cane pole and then a zebco 202.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    started with a kmart blue light special 202 combo,well dunno if it was a blue light special or not.

11. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    I started with a 202 my son had a snoopy rod that we fine tuned for carp fishing.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    She will be getting her first pole when I return from Iraq. I'm thinking it will be girly, but that don't matter much.

13. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    My first pole was a cane pole, and my daughters first was a little pink Barbie rod and reel, the kind Skippy uses.

My daughter now has a 7' spinner. She's my bait girl and one heck of a bluegill fisherman.

:wink:

14. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    My son's first pole was a Snoopy pole, about a 3 or 4 foot rod, fairly easy for a little one to handle without smacking or snagging everyone around them.