First fawn of the year

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by catfishrus, Jun 14, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys i watching this doe out my kitchen window for the past couple of days. she just been hanging around a thicket area for the past 3-4 days. i didnt mess with her because i like to watch them from time to time. well today i looked out the window and she ran out of the thicket and right behind her was the littliest deer i think i ever saw. the fawn looked wet but it was raining here today so i dont know how long it takes for them to run but the little fellow was doing okay. maybe one dad the fawn will be the boss of the woods here. thought i would share this with everyone. i tried to take pictures but it was too far away.

2. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N

Michael last year my grandson and I was on Lake Wylie fishing.It was about this time of year.We saw two little fawn runing around on the bank they still had spots on them.

:look_down:

:cat:

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    A couple years ago I was riding my friends 4 wheeler. Got back to the pond and there laying in tall grass was the smallest deer Ive ever seen. Still had spots and everything. It hopped up and did a few jumps and hid under a pine tree. Sat and watched him a few minutes and no mama deer. Went to get a camera came back and it was gone.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    back when i bowhunted here in n.c. i was putting out corn which is legal in this state. i jumped two fawns going in and stopped to watch them run off. i stood there for a minute or so looking for moma, and all of a sudden here came them two fawns running to within 5ft of me standing there and stopped to look at me. i guess i might have been the first humans those two ever saw. sometimes it great to just stop and watch mother nature at her best i guess.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys i will see if i can post the picture of the fawn. the doe in the picture should weigh 100-120lbs im guess. so you can see how small the fawn is. hope this comes out there at least a hundred yards away and i was in the house when i took the picture.

Attached Files:

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I couldn't really see them in the pic, but that doesn't matter...what a great story!! See, even us big ole mean hunters have a soft side! Thanks for that story. Keep us posted...maybe they'll come back through again! P.S. Have you gotten any bad weather from that tropical storm?

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    all we had was some heavy rain and a little wind here. but being im in the rain gutter business WE NEEDED IT!!!!!....LOL.

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i saw my first fawn of the year on 5/31 when I went out shooting my bow in a walk thru 3d range at the local gun club. I always see deer spying on us when we get to the range. the other fawn I saw was lying dead along the road by the edge of one of my hunting areas. :(

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Few years ago was spring squirrel hunting. Decided to sit down on a stump for a rest and about a minute later a fawn still with spots comes walking down the same path I did. I stayed sitting on the stump and it walked right past me like I wasnt there. Probably could have touched it if I wanted.

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Found a fresh road kill fawn Sat. With no sign of external injuries. My wife works for the Department of Conservation so we picked it up and took it in to be mounted for the department. Also saw a large buck this weekend with a LOT of fuzzy head gear. Would like to see him when it's all grown.

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i watch the doe today out the window a gain for over a hour but it may have been a different deer because there was no fawn to be seen. my wife blowed her car horn and the deer just stood there. i think its turned into a yard pet. sure would like to see one of them fuzzy headed rasical out there. i had a nice eight here last year but he couldnt stay out of the road. i video taped him on opening morning and decided to let him walk being i didnt have my gun ready. wouldnt you know it i had been watching 11 does for 2 months and no bucks. then i wasnt ready on opening morning and guess what. here he comes following a doe:eek:oooh: